Chapter 13

Updates are back! I'll be updating every Saturday. I'm sorry it's a week gap between each update. But it will change I promise! -mya
---------------

    Suddenly, I fell into the cruel thoughts in my mind. The capability in this room scared me. The power somewhat emitted off their bodies. The Royals. So much royalty in one room. The fur coats, the gold, the diamonds. The fierce intensity in the air. There was nothing else like this. I felt as if I was glowing, the amount of attention drawn to me was nerve-wracking. Jack walked emotionless, his eyes glaring back at the others. But in a strange confusing way, they looked at him as if he hand done something great and grand. I walked afraid, pairs of eyes looking at me every which way.

   "Sit here, these are our seats. I'll be right back" Jack mumbled as he pulled my chair out.

  I sat down, fumbling with my hands with my head down. Ways of my mother started to ring in my head and I sat up tall, back straight, head high. Taking in large breaths. I did not want to embarass myself. One of the women cleared her throat and nodded her head towards me.

  "Where do you come from?"

"I-I come from the wealthy upper middle class. Raised not too far from the castle" I said, my voice cracking mid-way through my sentence.

"Ah, yes. That's good. I am Arena, born in what used to be America. As you can see, you know what class I come from" She explained.

  Her voice was strong and hard. She spoke with some what of an accent my ears seem faintly familiar with. She was beautiful. Her facial structure was sculpted by gods, her skin was visibly smooth. Yet she looked fearless. Her boyfriend , I'm guessing,  sat next to her. Dark hair, even darker eyes.

"This is my boyfriend Aero" he nodded his head in my direction.

Jack came back shortly, sitting next to me.

Arena smirked and laughed "It's been forever"

"Has it" Jack grinned. "Yes" she paused, "it has"

"Still the pompous ass I assume" She laughed.

She stood up and walked around the table to give Jack a hug. As she did so her arm grazed my shoulder.

It felt as almost instantly my head started hurting. I closed my eyes, whimpering silently.

I was seeing something. Or remembering something. 

   - It was the night, the night I was attacked in the palace. I could see myself, laying there going in and out of consciousness. The voices of the people around me saying "Look what you  done!  Do you not know what you have done? Do you know who she is? More importantly, what she is?" Arena scolded Jack.

   "You don't understand, she holds our right to live on this earth, and the right to take it away. If she dies, so will we!"

Jack staggered through his words, trying to put together a sentence but failed.

"We need to keep her alive" -

It was her! She was there she must know who I am as well as what I am.

  "I-I need to go to the restroom" I said to Jack. He nodded and I got up quickly. Feeling dizzy.

What is happening to me?

  Why am I so important to them and their kind?

How do I even know I am what they say I am?