16) Don't Leave Out A Single Juicy Detail

Ft. Fred and George Weasley

Lily's POV
Seeing Ginny and Katie and Amelia be some of the few girls I'd seen play Quidditch, I knew just how aggressive women on a mission could be but it still astounded me as they pushed and shoved their way through the crowd trying to make their way into the Great Hall, all the while letting out loud, high-pitched squeals that could turn anyone deaf. Draco and I had decided to take Minnie up on her afternoon tea invitation and seeing as we were already here, with everything I needed for school in my dorm, we decided to stay and not take the Hogwarts Express. It saddened me to think we didn't get to make our last journey to Hogwarts the way we normally would but we would be leaving the same way for sure.

Finally, after some kicking, scratching and swearing, the girls all collided with me and surprised by the force, I toppled over backwards taking everyone with me. "Lily!" There were a few voices of alarm, but I just laughed, unharmed and unconcerned.

"I'm fine, I'm fine."

They all got off me and yanked me back up onto my feet, resuming the rib-cracking hug. "We missed you!" They chorused.

I wheezed out a chuckle, patting Hermione and Mil on the back as my arms were around them. "I missed you girls too. You think maybe, you could not break me?"

They all let go, smiling happily, unfazed by my lack of oxygen. "You look amazing." Pansy gushed, her hands pressed to her cheeks in awe.

It was true I looked different with my tanned skin and shorter hair I'd cut to the middle of my back, but I hadn't expected married life to settle over me so easily.

"Tell us all about it!" Ginny insisted with a grin.

"We want to know everything," Hermione assured.

"Don't leave out a single juicy detail," Amelia warned, winking cheekily.

I rolled my eyes and my gaze found Draco a few metres away, shaking hands with the guys and his cheeks flamed red at something one of them had obviously said.

"Oh please, you don't want to hear all the gory details about my honeymoon, that's just weird. Besides, shouldn't you be trying to figure out what new school tradition I'm putting in place with Minnie this year?"

They all kinked their heads to the left confused before their jaws dropped and they were clutching at me. "What is it?!" They shrieked.

"Mrs Malfoy!" Everyone in the Hall turned in their seats to look at the group standing in the doorway. We'd been talking for so long everyone was settled and ready to begin their dinner, Minnie included, standing up the front behind her podium eyebrows raised and an unimpressed look on her face, her tightly pressed lips twitching slightly at the edges. "Please take a seat."

I smirked up at her, the group disbursing to their appropriate tables and I led the Gryffindors to the very end of the table, closest to the staff. "Welcome back everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are ready to get back into the swing of things. There are a few announcements I have to make, firstly, that the Defence Against the Dark Arts post will be filled by Mr Gawain Robards, he's asked you not to call him professor as he is the Head of the Auror Office, not a teacher."

There was a hesitant round of applause. "Secondly, to those select few who are doing N.E.W.T.s, they will be starting in a few weeks time, so I suggest you finish or for some, start your preparation. They will last two weeks and the fifth year O.W.L exams will start during the second week and will finish the same time NEWTs do."

Minnie seemed to look at me when she mentioned preparation and I probably looked a little sheepish. "And finally, Lily Malfoy has put forth an idea that I have..." she trailed off trying to think of a word. "Accepted, after great consideration. All seventh years, from this year forth, in the second semester of their last school year, will be allowed to prank each other, as their reward for completing seven years of school."