Chapter four

I walked into the kitchen. I can't believe I lost the prince again.
"Prince Ryuzaki! This isn't funny!"
I felt a cold chill creep up my spine and I quickly spun around to face Angeni and one other vampire with long very light blonde hair that was almost white with chocolate brown eyes and was wearing a leather jacket with jeans and had an emotionless expression on her face" I would like you to meet Lilth,"Angeni said curtly.
   "Why exactly,"I asked uncomfortably I felt the tension in her gaze and something else but I couldn't quite read it. I felt a short burst of wind and felt Angeni's long black finger nails sink into my throat. By instinct I grabbed her hand that sank deeper and deeper into my flesh.
     "You shouldn't have ever come here,"Angeni whispered in my ear quiet enough for only me to hear. Her breath smelt like mint which was slightly comforting but not enough to stop me from trying to pry her fingernails out of my throat. Lilith didn't move a muscle just stared blankly ahead at nothing.
     "What's wrong with that vampire,"I managed to say.
     "You came in the kitchen at the wrong time,"Angeni hissed. Suddenly I heard the best noise possible for the time being.
    "Jessica?"Kyran called and he climbed the polished marble stair case. Angeni quickly sped out of the room half as fast as the sped of light and there was no trace of her ever being in the kitchen in the first place. I quickly covered up the marks on my neck with my long red hair. I glanced over to where Lilith was as well. She disappeared without a trace as well.
     "There you are Jessica,"Kyran siad sounding slightly pleased.
    "Yes, I'm right here,"
   The vampire prince seemed to inhale a scent. The blood on my neck. He noticed it. I looked at him fearfully. How would a vampire react to the scent of blood. I waited all my muscles were tense and I just noticed.
     "Are you ok? You seem very tense?" Kyran walked up to me and in one swift movement he moved his hand down my cheek slowly. Then he quickly moved my red hair away to reveal the marks I got on my neck from Angeni. I just realized how he was looking at me his expression was filled with...sarrow?  It was from the moment I met him in my cell.
    "Why are you looking at me with those sad eyes Kyran?"I asked almost breathless. Then I immediately felt angry at myself for asking.
     "You'll learn soon enough I promise, and I'll talk to Angeni for you later,"The prince promised.
     "Is she your sister?"
      "No, Angeni is supposed to be my future wife we are engaged,"The prince explained but his voice didn't seem excited.
     "You don't seem excited, you don't seem to love her either, why is that?"I asked curious at his lack of love for his fiancé.
      "I didn't want her to be engaged to her and if I don't find a girl I truly love... then I have to marry her,"Kyran sighed.
     "Oh I'm sorry,"I muttered.
      "It's ok let's go,"The prince grabbed my hand we both walked down the stairs. My hand fit so perfectly in his and a warm feeling went throughout my body as I held his hand.