Chapter Five

How the hell did I end up in this predicament? I glare at the seat in front of me.

“Oh come on Ami!” Tomoya exclaims. “Have some fun!”

I sigh. These two are impossible. These two, Yuta and Tomoya, have become so chummy the last two months.

“Yeah Ami,” Yuta mimes.

“Stuff it Daichi,” I mutter.

The twenty-year-old-soon-to-be-shop-owner stuck his tongue out. “You shouldn't be so mean to your future boss.”

“Yeah. Yeah.” I roll my eyes. “Why are we here again?”

“I'm hurt Ami. I set this up so we could be together,” Tomoya Riyoichi states.

“You act like this is a date,” I again roll my eyes. “I told you we aren't going to get together Riyoichi.”

“Eh? Did you hear that Yuta! Ami hates me!” he bursts into fake tears as we enter the parking lot. “Why don't you accept my love Ami? We've been planning it for months!”

“Hey look we're here,” I point. “Kaiba Land.” My stomach twists on the inside. Of all the places it had to be that place. I sigh again. Well it isn't like I'll see him. I mean I do have less than a month of freedom left.

The three of us pay for our ticket and scurry into the amusement park. Look at this place! It's huge! We'll never be able to cover everything in one day.

“What's wrong Ami,” Yuta cheeps. “Haven't you ever been to Kaiba Land before?”

I shake my head. I really don't like crowded places.

They drag me to the largest roller coasters. What a thrill! The adrenaline rush! The wind blowing through my hair! I can't tell if I am screaming with delight or out of fright but I do know it is such an amazing feeling. After a bit they let me rest from all the excitement.

“Are you sure you don't want to come with us?” Yuta asks.

“I'm sure! I'll be fine!” I grin up at them.

“Whatever floats your boat,” he replies.

“Or tickles your pickle,” Tomoya and I cheer in unison.

“You two are weird.”

“I'd hurry up if I were you two. You might not get to ride that coaster before the place closes down.”

“Yikes! Let's go Yuta,” Tomoya hurriedly says and the two book it out after Yuta gives me one last glance. I smile and wave after them.

I sit on the bench for a few minutes, kicking my feet back and forth. My stomach roars loudly. D-did anybody hear that? I look around, nobody seems to be paying me any mind. I guess I better find something to eat.

“Hmm...” I begin to wander through all the different kiosks. Is that cotton candy? Ohh what about a giant cookie? Next thing I know I wasted all my money on junk food. I really can't manage money can I? Feeling kind of depressed I shove a giant lollipop in my mouth. Bubble gum? No! Strawberry? Maybe watermelon? I somehow find my way back to the spot I was sitting before (Me? Being able to do that? What is the world coming to?!)

I glance at the line that the boys were in. Does that line even move?

I close my eyes and then look at the sky.

“Aaaaaaah-meeee!”

“What are you doing here Shina?” I inquire.

“Seeing how you and your future hubby are doing.”