Chapter Thirteen - anniversaries and rejection

Chapter Thirteen

Billie:

I can't believe it's been a year already y'know and as much as I try to deny it I'm surprised I managed to hold it together this long. Stood in the kitchen I had taken the day off work to make a surprise and well after fighting with a bag of icing and sticky tape I kinda succeeded.

Hearing footsteps stop at the door way turning around to a smile "Happy anniversary!" She giggles wiping the icing from my nose as she says "You made me a Billie."

"Yeah I think he's vanilla flavoured."

Twirling her round tilting her head to the floor she gasps following the trail of petals.

Ella:

Slowly walking up the stairs the trail ending beside the bed, a box wrapped in a black bow; unsure whether to open it looking for a tag. Spotting my name written on the side, lifting the lid a red folded material pulling up as it unfolds itself into a dress.

"Your gonna need that."

A fresh looking Billie standing beside me; managing a thank you as I run to the bathroom. Finding myself sat in a restaurant opposite Him as he says "I went to see your dad today."

"And you made it out alive?"

He laughs "Yeah." His face dropping as he continues "I went to ask him to see if in two years from now he'd let me marry you."

Covering my mouth as I reply "Oh Billie."

"It didn't exactly go to plan and by his reaction I really am surprised I made it here," he laughs a little.

Chuckling with him as he changes the subject "Anyway, how was your day?"

"Ok I guess same old stuff."

"Well it's about to get even better."

Billie:

Pulling her up from her chair and paying for dinner; blindfolding her and helping her into the car. Driving home and guiding her up the stairs as she asks curiously "What are we doing?" Unlocking the spare room And loosening her blindfold "Holy fuck Billie!"

Smiling at her as she steps around candle lit room I say "You've alway gone on about going camping and we don't really live near any fields or woods."

Sitting on the log in the corner as she says "Its beautiful."

Picking up my guitar "No camping us complete without a singalong."

She claps, lying down on the sleeping bag. I guess Tre was right she is just like me.