Chapter 3

A/N picture of Alex Dumel/Jake's best friend

(After School)

I was walking to detention when Alex stopped me only a few feet away from the library. Damn. "Jake are you really going to detention? What’s up with that? You are the all time bad boy, skip and come with me to get some pizza. We have to scope out a girl for you to bring on our triple date for Saturday even if you have to take Casey." Casey is the it girl she’s a junior and she rules the school. Casey is the head cheerleader and the leader of the 'Sleep with every cute guy' committee. I've never liked her she kept hitting on me till I embarrassed her in the hall way when she tried to kiss me.

Casey still tries to hang out with Annabell every once in awhile especially when her and her boyfriend are "taking a break" she tries to worm her way into Annabell's sleepovers and ends up in my bed at midnight. Trust me I haven’t touched her. I’m disease free and I’d like to say that way.

"Alex I’m sorry but I’m not asking Casey out she'll try to be in my pants before when even get our entrées, I would rather take my imaginary friend" I tried to walk past Alex to walk into detention but Alex pushed me back. "So? Dude you need to get laid, you’re the hottest senior and girls drool over you but you haven’t had a victory in over a year. You know if you're having trouble down there......I can get you some of my dads Viagra"

Great just what I need, some of my best friends dad whose is like 40's little blue pills to get 'it' up and I’m only 17. How far have I fallen?

"HELL NO ALEX ARE YOU CRAZY? I DONT WANT ANY OF YOU DADS FUCKING VIAGRA... I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD EVEN SAY THAT MY GOD MAN HAVE YOU NO SENSE?"

Maybe I was over reacting. Ever since I moved back in with Uncle Henry I had sworn off girls completely I was afraid of getting heartbroken.

"Dude calm down okay I was just trying to help a best friend out. I didn’t mean anything by it I’m sorry" I looked at Alex and I knew he was serious."Thanks, I just still haven’t really gotten myself out there to start dating again besides I’m just here to watch Annabell anyway and make sure Richie Rich doesn’t hurt her. Besides Henry's gonna be out for a couple of days so knowing that Richie Rich will probably talk Annabell into having a party, which means I’m on super cousin watch these next couple of days. Annabells always been there for me I can’t afford to let my guard down not even a little bit."

Alex understood and he was the only one who actually knew where all those black eyes and bruises came from I trusted him with every secret I've ever had. I decided I needed to blow off steam so I skipped detention and left with Alex. We skateboarded to our usual hang out spot it’s called the Flying Saucer; I really loved the food from there so it was always the perfect place for me. It’s like chucky cheese but for teenagers. It had neon lights and everything.

I sat down and waited while Alex ordered us some burgers. I debated on whether or not I should show him the drawing of so called Jesa. No secrets I decided I would."Jake guess what?" "What?" "CHICKEN BUTT" Alex busted into a fit of laughter. I can’t believe I fell for that, every time since second grade. "No but seriously, you'll never guess what the cashier dude told me" I decided to play it safe and say "Huh?" "He told me that Casey has been coming in every fifteen minutes looking for you and in five minutes it will be her next little check in so I suggest you hide or something." I started to get up and walk away when out of nowhere a cold hand on my shoulder."Damn" I mumbled Alex clearly hearing my snickered a bit.

"OHHH MY GAWDDDDDD JAKE, ALEX I NEVEER EXPECTED TO SEE YOU GUYS HERE WELL DONT WE LIVE IN A SMALLLL WORLDDDD.......I DIDNT EVEN KNOW YOU LIKED IT HERE!!!!!" it was Casey, could she honestly not get a life and stop trying to hook up with me. "I didn’t know you liked it here either Casey, I heard you've come in every fifteen minutes....where you with someone? Waiting for someone,Satlking someone?, Waiting to kidnap Jake perhaps?" And this is exactly why Alex is my best friend we think alike. "NO ALEX SILLY WHY WOULD I EVER DO SUCH A THING?"

"Ohh no reason just to drug Jake and have your way with him......." Casey glared at him with hateful eyes then she turned her attention back to me. "So I heard about the party at your house tonight....am I invited?" I looked away then looked back at her and said "I don’t know it’s not my party must be Annabell and Richie Rich that are hosting....." she cut me off "OH JAKE YOU ARE SOOO FUNNY" slutiness gleaming from her smile.

"As I was saying I probably won't go to that damn party....Alex you think I could spend the night at your house? You know how I hate parties all the blaring music and hooking u......" I shivered as if just thinking about it made me sick. "Ohh sure best friend anytime....hey you wanna order some strippers?" Alex wasn’t serious but he just wanted to get Casey pissed off. "Uhh....sure I haven’t gotten laid in a while so yeah tonight would be great!!!!" I saw the anger growing in Casey's face "OHH WELL I GUESS I SHOULD BE GOING......I THINK I MIGHT JUST GO OUT TONITE WITH SOME GIRLFRIENDS..." I knew exactly what Alex was gonna say. "So just because Jake won’t let you in his pants you've gone lesbian?" I couldn’t hold the laughter...I laughed so hard i was almost in tears, just as our number was being called i got up to go get our food and left Casey and Alex to squabble.

When I turned back around to go to the table I saw Casey was no longer standing there. "Awww did Casey have to go so soon?" I asked Alex as I sat down his face full with amusement... "Yeah she had a 'deep tissue' massage to go to" he said raising an eye brow. I knew exactly what he meant. "Here I wanted to show you this before your royal slutiness walked over here....." I took the drawing out of my back pocket and laid it on top of the table.

"Woah, Jake you drew this?" I just nodded "It's amazing, and the girls she’s beautiful....who is she?" he asked "I don’t know he face just popped into my head and the name Jesa, Im guessing that’s her name...I dont know where i could have gotten this image from ive never seen her before id surley recongize her face." I admired the picture while Alex stared at it as if searching a brain log of every girl he's ever seen.

"Dude I’m sorry I don’t recognize her either and you know I never forget a face..." I knew he was right I finished my burger and waited for Alex to finish his. I put the drawing away and threw our trash away."So are we going to Annabells party or are the strippers being delivered to my house?" Alex was just kidding he knew there was no way I was going to let Annabell and Richie Rich throw a party without me being there.

I just kept walking and I put my board down and started on my way down the big 15 bedroom house. I know I know...If you haven’t already guessed my uncles rich and my parents did leave me everything they had I have more than a billion dollars in my bank out but I’ve never accessed it I didn’t feel the need to. I didn’t want to live off of my dead parents. I had an after school job at the mall I worked part time at hot topic and I loved it. I could go in whenever I wanted and that was the money I used I never took money from Uncle Henry though he wouldn’t give it to me anyways.

I rolled into the front iron gates to our house and I could already see some cars starting to line up in the 3 acre driveway. I knew this was Richie Rich's doing because Annabell was too shy to invite all these people on such short notice.

Just great a party at my house that I hadn’t even been invited to.