Lights. Camera. Action!

William was awake. He was a night owl just like Sandy and was happy to see her. They had always been best friends ever since kinder. They had been the two smartest kids in their class and the only ones who could read and write at age four so, logically, they spent a lot of time together. They had eventually chosen to attend two different high schools but as they lived only seven blocks away from each other, they still spent a lot of time together.

 Her friend knew Sandy liked women and was really intrigued by the whole thing and, if she didn’t know him better, she’d have thought that he was even a little aroused by that thought. Ok, she did feel that with her feminine intuition, but pretended not to notice so they could both have a normal friendship. After all, their personalities were very incompatible when it came to couples.

 He was a huge romantic and a dreamer while Sandy was much more practical when it came to relationships. She didn’t enjoy the romance stories he liked so much and preferred violence over mushy songs or movies.

 William also liked older women, and usually got his heart broken by them after they found out about his age and it was Sandy’s job to patch him up after their mess. More than once in the past few months, William had called Sandy very late at night and asked if he could stay over at her place because the new love of his life had dumped him. He even invited her to the movies whenever a girl canceled on him, so the tickets wouldn’t go to waste and  then they stayed up all night talking about the woman of the week.

 He also had a terrible relationship with his father and they weren’t in speaking terms, so that was also a frequent cause for him to visit her out of the blue. Sandy’s mom was completely against letting a girl’s boyfriend or male friend sleep over, but in William’s case she didn’t mind as she knew him too well and trusted him.

 “Hey, Sanders!” Will greeted her as he opened the door. He wasn’t even surprised to see her, but then again he was really difficult to surprise in the first place. “It’s good to see you, girl!”

 “William!” She exclaimed happily as she leaned to hug him, an exception she made for him, as she usually wasn’t  touchy person. Will didn’t like people calling him nicknames, so Sandy always used his full name. She usually respected people and didn’t like to or be teased.

 “To what do I owe the pleasure?” He asked when they let go. “I had an argument with a friend. I was supposed to stay over at her house, but there was no point in spending the night there,” Sandy explained as she entered the house and followed him to his room, trying not to wake up the rest of his family.

 Somebody else might have asked for details, but he wasn’t one to ask many questions unless he was really interested. In those cases there was no way to keep him from asking questions.

 “Oh, I’ve already finished editing what we filmed last month. Do you wanna watch?” He asked enthusiastically as he turned the computer on and fetched her a chair.

 Williams wanted to be a film director and he would often write scripts and convince his friends to act the different parts while he recorded the whole movie with his home video-camera. Then, he would edit it and distribute the home made film among his friends.

 As Sandy had taken acting lessons when she was in elementary school and was Will’s only female friend, she was usually recruited for all his productions, although she was getting a little tired of always being portrayed as the men murderer matahari.

 “Sure. I’m dying to see the scene where I’m tied up to that chair!” She agreed with a huge grin on her face as she sat on the chair beside him. “Oh, remember the scene with the cigarette?” He asked getting all hyper as if he were a little girl. He tended to be moody and could be hyper one moment and completely mad the next one.