Part 3 - Souls POV

I was floating in what seemed like nothing. Everything hurt - actually, scratch that, everything KILLED.
I didn't know which way was which. I just stayed there for a few minutes before I heard a distressed scream of,
"SOUL!!!!" My eyes widened. I knew that voice. The first thing that popped into my mind, of course, was Maka. But I knew it wasn't her. This voice was too deep, and too frightened.
No. This was different. It wasn't Maka. But I knew exactly who it was, and that stumped me.
" SOUL!!!" The voice screamed again, and my blood turned to ice. Something was happening. Kids voice cracked as the scream fell from his lips.
"SOUL PLEASE!"
This...this was strange. That was supposed to be Maka, wasn't it? She WAS my miester.
That being said, I still profusely cared for Kid. Of COURSE I did, he's one of my best friends!
"Kid..." I rasped. "I'm coming."
I broke through the ground and immediately felt a burning pain. I gasped at the sudden feeling of discomfort.
The site before me made my heart speed up. "Kid!" I screeched as Medusa slithered up to the tied-up boy, who was freaking out and breathing hard.
"No, no no! Please! SOUL!" Kid screamed even louder, pulling so hard at the ropes that I could see small traces of blood trickling down his wrists. I began clawing at the ground, trying to reach him. But at the rate I was going I knew there was no hope.
"You asked for this, death boy." The snake hissed and dived down. I watched, helpless, as her needle-like teeth dug into his sensitive flesh.
Kid let out a blood curdling scream, shaking from the effect of his wails. I watched in pain as he continued to screech.
"What...did you...do?" I was panting hard and I felt like no amount of air could fill my lungs. It had taken too much effort to get here in the first place. Even though I was ear, I forced myself up and onto my wobbly shoes, teetering on the balls of my feet for a few moments before stumbling towards Kid. I managed to reach him and attached one hand to the chair for support. The other picked up his arm gently as possible and surveyed it.
"Dammit..." I Mumbled, examining the puncture wound. He had now calmed down and was just taking in ragged breaths, staring at me in fear.
"That's cute, you seem to care..."
I jumped at the voice, slowly turning my head and facing the tall snake without taking around my hand. With a wave of mist she was a human, balancing on her snake hair and staring at me with an evil glint in her eyes.
"What did you do." I repeated, sounding stronger this time.
"I'm helping! All I did was simply show you the future, Soul Eater Evans. Nothing else. Just a friendly tip, however ; don't get distracted by Kid. He will die in the end anyways. Don't attach yourself to a dying cause."
"What do you mean?!?!?!" I erupted, and her smirk just became wider, and the shining in her eyes becoming more of a blazing fire. In them I could see death, pain and suffering. All the things this woman was.
"Goodnight, Soul. See you later."

------------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open, a scream tumbling off my lips as I did so. The face above me's eyes widened, and his grip on my arm tightened.
"Kid..." I whispered, slowly racing my hand and tracing a thumb over his cheek. "YOUR NOT DEAD!"
He raised his eyebrows, while I just smiled.
It was just a dream.

~AN~

Okay, so that was my part! Sorry for it taking so long, I wrote this in my notebook and it takes forever for me to convert so...blah! Katie's up next, see ya guys! ;)