Chapter 64

Sorry for not keeping my word on 'posting sooner than soon' haha. I'll try to keep my word the next time.

(:

___________________

I leaned my ear into the wall from behind a corner, right by Elaine's room. I could hear Elaine settling onto his bed, relaxed and calmed and for some strange reason...somewhat amused.

"Go." Elaine's voice sounded easy and cool, like he wasn't bothered by anything in the world. I could hear Blake clearing his throat and sighing. I could feel the tension before it even started, and that was pretty bad. I kept myself alarmed, preparing myself to break up the fight before it starts.

"I'm sorry." Blake finally said. "For punching you in the face...really. Man, it was extremely low of me and I...I guess I kind of lost it and I..."

"It's fine, bro. Honestly. No worries." Elaine said. It was almost as if he were expecting the apology from Blake, which, he kind of was, since he told me not too long ago that he's bound to say sorry in no time. But still. It shocked me just as much as it confused me, how guys are so easy to just forgive and forget while girls hold very long grudges about everything. Really! With relief washing over me, I sighed and was about to turn away to go and watch the movie again, until Blake started talking again.

"It just shows how much I really care about her." He suddenly claimed. I already knew who the 'she' was, so I didn't take a second out of my life to wonder. I continued listening. "And...I care about her enough to say that if you make her happy, then so be it."

"What are you saying?" Elaine said.

"I'm saying," Blake cleared his throat as if this was going to be hard saying, "I'm saying that if she's happy with you, then it's meant to be. I care for her enough to consider how she feels, even if I don't understand it. Which reminds me man, why?"

"Why what?"

"Why would you go behind my back and kiss her?" Blake asked. He sounded frustrated a little. Just a little. My house thumped at the mentioning of the kiss. "You would smile at me and laugh with me, we'd be like best friends, but on the down low, you had these...these feelings for her just like she does for you and you guys didn't tell me?"

"It wasn't like that." Elaine explained.

"Oh," Blake sounded bewildered, "Well...it doesn't matter now, does it? I hope we can still be friends. You two can have each other. I'm willing to give her up just so she can be happy with you, you know? Even if it kills me inside." He was being honest as he was giving me up for Elaine, in front of me.

I couldn't take this! I...I couldn't! I felt my eyes go watery and before I could hear Elaine's response, I covered my mouth in pure shock, running quietly away from the corner and going straight to my room. I went to the mirror and wiped my eyes, to stop the tears from shedding officially. I sniffed and stared at myself; I couldn't believe this! Just the fact that Blake was so quick to hand me over to Elaine was like a slap in the face. It's like...I wasn't even worth fighting for! Like his 'love' for me was just a game. Like...his friendship with his best friend is far more important. Did you hear it? I heard it! He just 'gave' me away, just like that. Just like that!

"Douche bag!" I wasn't a big fan of name calling, but I was so upset. My teeth were chattering and I was clenching my fists in pure anger. I was so bothered by just about everything! I tried to collect myself, to pretend I just wasn't eavesdropping, when my door opened slowly.

"Denny? You in here?" Elaine looked around and his eyes finally found the back of me. I could see him looking at me through the mirror reflection. He closed the door and gave me a serious look, "I thought you were watching the movie."