prologue

i stared at the reflective glass panel in my room, smiling at my clone. it was another bright-lit day, which meant more surfing. surfing had always been my get-away from the world around me, it calmed me, i should say the least. it was as if all my stress was released and dumped into a bottle, the bottle sailing away with the currents. i loved the feeling of my body swaying to keep balance and the wind blowing towards me.

my outfit consisted of swimming shorts and shirt that was embroidered with hawaiian flowers. my usually let-down, crap-colored hair was twisted into a fishtail, the braid running down my back.

i stepped out of our beach house, the wind blowing the fringes of my hair onto my face. i swiped the locks of hair away from my skin with one hand, while the other held my baby blue colored surfboard with white flowers plastered all over.

as i reached the ocean, i strewn my body face-down onto the surfboard, paddling closer to the heart of the ocean. once i noticed a wave coming my direction, i lifted myself from the board, standing on my heels. the wave rushed under me, my stress vaporizing as the adrenaline pumped throughout my body. i caught myself grinning from ear to ear as i swayed my body to stay upright on the surfboard.

my smile faded as i lost my balance, toppling off of the board and falling into the water. i gasped for breath as i lifted myself to the surface, my arms spread across my baby blue surfboard. i felt movement under my feet, my breath hitching. i struggled to lay on the board, the currents under my body increasing its pace. pretty soon, a tornado of water currents surrounded me as i squinted at the body of the tornado creator and gasped when i saw a grayish dorsal fin.

it couldn’t be.

i gulped as the shark slowed its movements, knowing i had seen it. it knew i was trapped. i stood paralyzed, my knuckles turning white from my tight grip.

i felt an agonizing pain flood to my leg, the scream i had been holding onto escaping my chapped lips. i lifted my lower body from the water, oblivious to the creature underneath. the only thoughts in my mind were to examine the lower half of my body.

i choked back a sob as i saw my right leg. blood seeped from my wound, the water around me turning a pinkish/red color. my leg had been bitten off, and the sight alone made my stomach queasy. more screams absconded my mouth before darkness overtook me . .

well, there's the prologue for my new story

hope you enjoyed reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it

will most likely be sad so read at your own risk??