Five

It felt like ages before I finally saw Tau's little black car pull up to the gate. I jumped from my window seat and ran for the front door. When I reached the stairs I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

-"I'm here :)"

I practically flew down the stairs, taking them two at a time in my rush. I couldn't wait to see Tau again, it felt like it had been a week instead of only a day. Once I reached the front door I threw it open, almost forgetting to press the button to open the gate. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves, you don't want to seem desperate Layla, I reminded myself. Then, slowly, stepped out of the house onto the porch to wait for Tau to drive up.

As he parked his car in the long driveway, I started making my way over to greet him. He waved once he saw me walking over, and shut off the engine of his car.

"H-" before I could even finish the one syllable greeting Tau had me in a tight embrace, breathing deeply. One hand at the base of my skull, the other on my small of my back. His face was nuzzled into my neck, mine was buried in his chest, in-hailing his musky sandalwood scent. Then as abruptly as he embraced me, he pulled away. Holding me by my upper arms to look me in the eyes, gently of course, my Tau was always so gentle with me.

"Are you alright? Are you still feeling sick? Is it because of those bastards at school? I swear Layla, I'll find every last one of-"

"Stop, please!" I pleaded, "I just want to forget about the whole thing." He stopped his rant looking a bit shocked.

"What? Layla you can't be serious."

"Please, I just want to forget." I turned away from him, attempting to hide the tears threatening to fall.

"Layla... I..." he struggled with his words and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine!" I snapped, shrugging away from his touch. "Let's just go inside, yeah?"

Glancing over my shoulder I saw him nod in agreement, so I led the way into the house.

As we entered my room, I turned to close the door and spoke with my back to Tau, "I'm sorry I snapped at you back there, you didn't do anything wrong. With everything that's been going on... I... I've just been an emotional mess."

Feeling Tau walk up behind me, I finally turned to face him, tears brimming. When I looked into his golden eyes I was stunned, once again, by the intensity of them. His right hand came up to cup my face, and he glanced down at my lips. He had a hunger in his eyes and I knew he wanted to kiss me, but the similarity to my dream didn't escape my notice.

My heart was beating so hard and fast I thought it might explode, both from anticipation and fear. Never had a felt so torn, I wanted.. no craved that kiss those lips on mine could only bring bliss. But the dream... I feared that dream. It was so real, it clung to me... to my soul, and refused to wash away.

Tau, seemingly unaware of my inner turmoil, once again glanced down at my lips. But just as he bent his face closer to mine, there was a loud knock on my door behind me making both of us jump.