Beer, Music, & Other Things - Chapter 10

Harry parked his motorcycle down the rode from the party. The street was dead except for the loud music playing. It took him couple of minutes before he made his way up the drive way. He watched as there were some teenagers talking among themselves in the front yard while he walked inside the house.

The music got louder and louder as he made his way through the place, pushing past different bodies. Soon enough, he was outside, in their backyard. Where the party was really at. 

There were people everywhere.

Girls and boys half naked in the pool, bodies dancing against eachother, people smoking and/or drinking with friends.

His eyes scanned over the place, looking for that certain someone. While looking, he heard a familiar laugh, causing his eyes to quickly dart towards the noise. Finding the girl who had invited him. He smirked when he saw her smiling and laughing in a circle full of guys. It wasn't long after that, that her eyes had found him too.

She gave him a wink with a small playful grin before going back into the conversation. His smirk grew, knowing what she was doing. He took long strides towards her and once she was in reach, his arms were wrapped around her waist and his lips were crushed on hers.

-

Demi smiled to herself, watching Selena from a distance blushing while talking to a guy. A really cute guy too. She had noticed her looking at him for long periods of time at school during lunch or in the hallways. So, being the good friend she is, she had made sure he was on the invitation list tonight, and when they were close enough, bumped Selena into him, forcing them to talk and now, they couldn't stop.

Out of nowhere, moments later, these three guys came up to her. She wasn't interesed, but they kept her from impatiently waiting for Harry who was running late.

She faked laughed at their attempts of joking with her, but before she knew it, her eyes found a staring Harry. She smirked with a wink, wanting to make him think that she was having fun without him.

She went back to looking at the current guy talking (whose name she had forgotten) when all of a sudden, arms were wrapped around her waist and someone's lips had taken over hers.

Her eyes widen at the unexpected contact of her and Harry's lips meeting, but seconds later they fluttered closed, and she soon forgot everyone and everything around her.

-

Nick was drinking with Liam and Taylor as they talked and laughed in the corner of Joe's backyard. Every once in awhile he'll let his eyes wonder to Demi, who was talking to a group of guys. He tried to not let it bother him, but the way she smiled or laughed. He was way better then those guys.

''Stop staring.''

''I am not staring.'' He quickly snapped.

''Sure.'' Taylor laughed. ''I know I am. She looks hot.''

Yea. He thought. She does.

''So how are you doing with our little arrangement?'' Taylor asked.

''I'm doing fine.'' He said. ''She's just playing a little hard to get.''

Taylor smirked. "A little?"

"Yes a little. Don't worry I got this."

''Well, you better do something quick.'' Liam said. ''It looks like you have competition.'' He nodded his head towards Demi, forcing him to witness her and Harry kissing.

Nick turned away a few seconds later, taking a big gulp of his drink. ''Please.'' He said. ''That guy has nothing on me.''

''Are you sure about that, Grey?'' Taylor smirked.

''I'm positive.''

Liam and Taylor gave each other looks while they chuckled at their friend. "Whatever you say." Liam said, taking a sip of his beer.

''Fuck you guys!'' Before Nick could say anything else, he felt his phone viberate in his pocket. He took it out to see that it was his father calling him. ''I have to take this.'' He told the guys before starting to make his way into the house to find a quiet place to talk on the phone.

-

Demi pulled away with a smile on her face. She looked around to see that those guys were nowhere to be seen. "Awe, you scared away my dates."

He smirked while his grip on her tightened. "I thought I made it clear that you're mine tonight? Besides,those tools weren't going to be able to show you a good time. Not like I can."

"You're so sure of yourself."

"Mhmm." He nodded his head with a smile.

She laughed before her ears caught the attention of Swimming Pool by Kendrick Lamar playing in the background. She looked over her shoulder, to see people dancing on the dance floor, grinning when she had an idea.

She faced Harry again before starting to walk backwards. "Prove it."

He kept his eyes on her as she merged with the crowd, moving her hips to the beat. He finally joined her when she called his over with her finger. His hands found their way to her waist, and then soon enough, they were moving to the music together.

-

"You got sacked three times?!"

"Yes, but-"

"No buts!" The older male said sternly over the phone. "Your mother and I will be home tomorrow, and me and you will be practicing."

"Dad. The weekend is when I have my days off. I already practice for 4 hours, five days a week!"

"Well, that's obviously not enough."

Nick tried controling his emotions as they both hung up the phone. He ran his fingers over his hair as he walked back and forth in Joe's room, trying to calm himself.

When he felt ready, he walked back to the party, putting a smile on his face, acting like nothing was wrong. While trying to find his friends, his eyes landed on the couple he saw kissing before, but now, they were dancing together.

He didn't know why, but seeing them together made him more pissed off then he already was. Maybe because there was something about Harry that he did not like, or because he thought that should be him, touching and holding her like that.

He shook his head, trying to get rid of the thought that he was jealous. He was not, repeat not jealous. He eyes then suddenly landed on the keg filled with beer.

"I need a drink."

--------

I promise this will get better.

comment&vote.