Chapter 3

Kyle walked me back to my office after lunch was over.  At that point I still didn't fell any different about letting Kyle back into my life.

"Trista, thank you for allowing me to take you to lunch.  Hopefully you will let me take you out again perhaps for dinner?"

"Listen Kyle I don't think it's a good idea for us to see each other again. Seeing you today just brought back the pain and I can't go through that again."

"I understand how you feel, but I just can't walk away again knowing how much I love you.  I know you may hate me, but I have to prove my love for you.  I won't stop until you give me a second chance."

I looked at him and his handsome face and his stormy brown eyes and wanted to welcome him back in my arms.  Something inside said run away and at that moment I realized I couldn't cave in and let him win, I had to keep my guard up.

"Kyle please don't make this any harder than it already is."

"Then tell me you'll give me another chance."

"No Kyle I can't tell you that."

He looked at me again with those beautiful brown orbs and I could see the sadness in them and I had to look away.  I knew he could see it in my eyes the need to believe him, I just couldn't.  Kyle turned to walk to the door, but before he opened the door he turned and looked at me then turned and walked out of my office.

Thankfully the rest of the day went by quickly and I was glad for that although I was still thinking about Kyle.  I had to give myself the "talk", and I'm not going to fold under the pressure and let Kyle back in my life.  I got home and went straight to the shower turned it on and stripped stepping into the hot show.  The hot water rained down over me while I rested against the wall letting the water reenergize me.  After my shower I went into the kitchen to fix myself something to eat when the doorbell rang.  I went to the door I wasn't expecting anyone, so I peeped through the whole in the middle of my door and saw a delivery man outside with a bouquet of flowers.  I opened the door and looked at the delivery guy.

"Can I help you?" I said looking at him.

"Yes, I have a delivery for Trista Robinson."

"I'm Trista"

"If you could sign here please."

The delivery guy was kinda cute, wonder if he is married or has a girlfriend.  Hmmm better leave that alone, I don't think Joshua would be very happy with me flirting with the delivery guy. I signed for the flowers and the delivery man left.  I took the flowers in and picked up the card out of the flowers and read it.

Trista please don't give up on us. No matter how hard I try I can't stay away                                    from you.  Say you will give us a chance please don't walk away like I did and have regrets like I do everyday.  Please Trista give me just a little time to prove to you that I'm in and will do whatever it takes to show you that I mean every word I am saying to you right now.  Would you please have dinner with me tomorrow night?  I will pick you up at 7:00 I love you.

 All I could do was stare at the card, I didn't know what else to do I was stunned.  I really don't have time to date anyone else.  Joshua a guy that I have been seeing for a few months takes up most of my time.  He comes by sometimes every night unless he has an important meeting coming up the next day.  If he does he more than makes up for it on the weekend, now there is Kyle who won't stop trying to get us back together,  he's not listening to m, I think it's time for me to tell him about Josh.