Chapter 11 - First Feeling

Nero
I listen to Hope cry herself to sleep. I wanted to reach out to her, hold her close and tell her everything was okay. She was so bubbly and happy most of the time. Its weird her seeming like Kytara. Speaking off. Kytara walked over to us again, thinking we were asleep. I watched her carefully as she huddled close to the fire, her lips blue. She was cold. I never got cold. Or hot. I could control my own body temperature. I heard her muttering to herself, telling herself that she couldn't fall asleep. That shed just get a little bit of warmth and then go back to her spot. The poor demon. No. The poor girl. She seems so lonely. Cold. Almost....empty. I cant imagine what could turn a girl so cold. I heard her muttering halt as her attempts to stay awake failed. I stared over at her and watched as the reflection of the flames danced on her body, lighting up the dark purple streaks in her hair. I never noticed that before. It suited her. In her sleep she seemed to innocent. Almost broken. I heard her teeth chattering as she shivered from the cold. That demons stubborn. Too bad. I crawl over to her and pick her up. I carried her over to my sleeping bag and lay her in it, pulling the covers over her small body. For a warrior she was small and petite. She could easily fit into a small dress. Im sure shed look beautiful dancing around in a ball gown, her figure not hidden underneath armour and weapons. I unclip her armour and removes all the weapons from her body. I don't know how she could sleep with all of that attached to her. She curled up in the sleeping bag and I dragged her sleeping bag and her sword over with her other stuff. I'll keep watch tonight.

Kytara
My eyes flittered open at some crazy hour in the morning. Woah something felt wrong. I felt naked. Exposed. What the. WHERE THE HELL WAS MY ARMOUR. I Jolted up and searched around to see Nero sitting by the ashes of the dead fire. "Oh your awake" he says and I see that I'm underneath and in a sleepinf bag. With a pillow. Neros scent of fresh leaves and flowing water filled my nose as I stared down at the sleeping bag I was in. It was his. Not mine. I look at him. "Why am I here. I was happy with my sleeping bag" I said and he shook his head. "I saw you crawl over here and cuddle up against the fire. You fell asleep. You were freezing so I thought you'd want to be warm" he says and I growled before grabbed my stuff that was on my left and clicking all my armour back on. I strap all my weapons back on and stand up as I strap my boots back on. "Ever do that again and I'll kill you" I threatened trying my best to sound angry. Neo smirked, "you're welcome" he says and I kick the angel awake.."what was that for!" The angel yelled as she rubbed sleep from her eyes. "Morning to you too. Come on we have alot to do today" I said and she looked over at the sun that was only just beginning to rise. "No. Not yet" she grumbles and lays her head back down. I grab her wings and pull her up, all of a sudden she screams and I hear a rip. I step back and watch as her snow white wings start dripping with blood and my fingers are the same crimson red. The angel remained screaming as Nero knelt down beside her and looked at the bleeding wings. He stared up at me with rage in his eyes, "What the hell is wrong with you!?" He yells and I step back.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" The king yelled as he dropped his hand and punched me again. "It was an accident your majesty" I said and tried to ignore the burnt picture frame of him and his daughter before the princess was killed. "YOU DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH!" The king yelled as she struck me again. Hes right. I destroy everything.

I step back in horror. I thought id finally gained control over my strength and my ability over fire but I'm screwing everything up. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT!" Hope yelled as I stepped back in horror. "Because I destroy everything I touch" I said as I grabbed my bag and ran off towards the dense forest we were heading towards

I kept running until I heard the sound of cool running water. I dropped my belongings by the stream and looked at the shallow water. I walked a few steps down the stream and it all flowed into a cool blue oasis. Water. Cool water. I stripped down to my under things and dives into the water, resurfacing only when I couldnt hold my breath anymore. I closed my eyes as I rememberwd the soft song Kristen used to sing to me and I began singing it to myself. "A paper crown....a heart made of glass...a tattered gown.....in a kingdom of ash...she walks alone....she can never look back.....the story of a queen whos castle has fallen to the sea....knowing theres no one who will be a king that will come and save his queen" I sang softly until I heard the whimpering of an angel and large footsteps. Oh god. I swam behind a few rocks before they could see me. What where they doing here? I watched secretly through a gap in the rocks as Nero stripped to his boxers and then dragged the angel in her white bra and matching undie into the water. The water almost immedietly turned red as her wings made contact. I do destroy everything. I watched as he held her in his arms, making sure she was safe and holding her close so she didnt fall beneath the water. Is that how he was with me last night? Did he hold me close to keep me warm? My cheeks flushed as I thought of it. I watched as he smiled at the angel but then a sharp pain exploded from my chest as Nero leant closer to the angel and layed his lips on hers. He kissed her. And she kissed him in return. I scoffed quietly. Not like I care. Theyre perfect for each other. But....if I didnt care, why did it hurt so much. I shook my head. Whatever. I dont care. I swam the long way around and gathered my belongings before racing back off to our campsite. What a cute little couple they'll make. I'll just keep my destructive habits.