Prologue

~PROLOGUE~

This is a story I've been working on for a while, so maybe give it a try? Lemme know if I should post more :D

__

Beginning—a word that can mean something so sweet—the birth of a child, the start of a reborn man—but on the other hand can detail the start of a rigorous and very painful task—starting a difficult essay for class, or even the beginning of a conflict…

            At the very foundation of a brewing conflict, there are the separate sides and opinions—the disagreement between two groups. In our case, the dispute was derived from deep within the confines of denial. It was humankind who chose to let their naïve ideas prosper and grow into what would later mean the demise of an entire race—the race of vampires. Already, the very mention of the word “vampire” sparks assumptions in a person’s head, the same assumptions that have been destroying the bond between vampires and people for years. Humankind is a fearful race, afraid of death, scared to feel pain; the list goes on and on. Mankind has emphasized this weakness by covering anything they don’t fully understand with a thick blanket of distrust and even disbelief. For centuries, humans have ignored the existence of vampires, telling their offspring not to worry because vampires truly do not exist.

            When man could no longer deny their existence, people began resenting vampire kind’s ways—saying they were vicious and unnecessary. The planted seed of misjudgment is a strong one that, if not stopped, can bloom into a terrible thing. Everywhere, vampires came out of their shells, embracing their own ways and accepting who they were—something humans refused to understand. As everyone may know, vampires thrive off of human blood. It is a necessity for their living. People hated it. They hated being brought down to a mere snack for an entity that they never even asked for. After a couple decades of humans and vampires living together in what vampires thought to be harmony and humans thought to be discord, the fearful race put an end to it.

            Stating that “one cannot do something completely necessary, or else” is always a terrible thing. When people decided after years and years of this that it was no longer going to happen, vampires became distraught because they needed blood to live. Sentenced to the Underground, the vampires’ became very weak, forced to survive only on what they could manage—animal blood and such. At that time, a virus arose from seemingly nowhere. With fear in their hearts, and their old habits coming back, the humans sought out a scapegoat—the vampires. Vampires denied the blame sent upon them from humankind. With the human and vampire populations thinning out, both races spiraled down into the depths. Despair reared its ugly face and no hope could be found throughout the two separate worlds. The beginning of the end was surly near.

            Is it possible that beginning— a word that now seemed to bring only desolate depression—could still hold its double faced meaning?