Chapter Three

"Middy Sweetie please open the door. Let me explain more." Mom shouted through my closed door for about the 20th time in the last couple hours. I knew she was concerned but at that current moment, I really didn't care. As soon as I shut my door I ran over to my bed on the far wall and flopped down on it. How could I not know that my parents were werewolves? The thought echoed through my head once again. I rolled onto my back and started at my sky blue ceiling.

All the walls in my room were sky blue since it was my favorite color. I tilted my head to look around my room. Because the library took up most of the upstairs, my room was smaller than most. When you walk into my rectangular room the wall opposite my doorway had my bed pushed up against it with my black comforter on top. My bed was pushed in the corner so that my two bookshelves were at the foot of my bed. The wall behind my door held two floor to ceiling windows that looked out to the woods. Opposite of the window wall was my walk in closet and finally my desk took up the wall opposite my bed. I loved my room, it wasn't big but it was cozy, just what I've always loved.

Bang, Bang, Bang, "Come on Middy open up this instant." Mom once again shouted from behind the door. Her voice laced with anger and concern, which I ignored for again. "If you like piña colada and getting caught in the rain. If your not into yoga, If you have half a brain..." My phone started ringing. I knew without looking who was calling and quickly answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Middy is everything okay? Are you hurt? What happened? Did your mother do something? Have you talked with your mother? What's going on? I got the weirdest feeling that something's wrong." Debbie's anxious, honey smooth voice answered at the other end. I chuckled a little hearing her southern accent slip up a little and interrupted her questioning.

"Yes Debbie I'm fine just a little upset. Mom told me something about her and dad and I just don't know how to feel about it."

"What did she tell that would upset you so much? Are you crying?"

"No I'm not, it's not that upsetting." I only cry if something is truly bad and this just didn't make it.

"Then what's wrong? What did she tell you?"

I quickly debated on whether I should tell Debbie or not. She was super sweet and caring and deserved the truth since technically she is dating my werewolf father. After taking a deep breath I said as clearly as I could, "My told mom me they are werewolves."

"Who is Mid?"

"Mom and Dad. She just told me like an hour ago." It took awhile until Debbie answered. "I see, excuse me for a moment Middy." Then I heard her both the phone down and walk away. Shortly after I heard my dad's deep baritone voice yell, "What!?"

Confused I and not wanting to sit anymore, I walked to the window and leaned against my door waiting for Debbie to come back. After a couple more minutes, she returned sounding a little upset. "Baby girl your daddy wants to speak with you." I froze. Debbie only called my baby girl when something really bad was happening. Before she gave the phone away, I quickly asked, "Why?"

"There is some things your daddy needs to tell and you need to listen. Understood?" Really not wanting to but knowing I shouldn't avoid it either, I sucked up and said okay. In a few minutes my dad soothing, baritone voice spoke up from the other side of the phone. "Hello? Honey bear?"

Sighing I answered him back. "Yeah Dad, I'm here."

"Your mother had no right telling you what she did. We both planned on telling you together when you were ready and even then, gradually warming you up to it." He sounded pissed beyond belief and feeling some obligation to defend my mom I said, "It wasn't really her fault necessarily."