Chapter Two

I stared into Wolf's eyes searching for something else besides the kindness he was already portraying. Before I could speak, the leader, Damon, spoke up first.

"Wolf what the hell are you doing? Have you lost your mind?" Hearing Damon's angry stabs at Wolf irritated me. Who the does he think he is? Anger washed through me when I noticed Wolf and Jake slightly recoil and lower the eyes after Damon had spoke.

Running on pure anger, I jumped down from the oak tree landing neatly with my knees bent on the ground. All three boys jumped, slightly taken back from me so close to them now. My eyes narrowed on Damon and angrily went up to him, poking his bare chest.

"Who do you think you are, Mister cob-up-his-ass? These guys are your friends and you treat them like lesser beings, what kind of friend does that?" I heard a gasp behind me but ignored it focusing on Damon as a small smirk came to his handsome face. This only helped to enrage me farther but before I could say anything else, a hand was clamped firmly over my face.

"Come on Damon you know who she is, she doesn't know any better." Wolf spoke very closely to my head.

"Yeah Damon, be sympathetic." Jake said walking closer to me, that when I finally realized the hand over my mouth was Damon. Surprised, my eyes slightly widened and I felt my anger slowly dissolve as I realized what I just got myself into.

I was alone.

In the woods.

With three men that I watched turn into wolves.

And they were staring at me.

Refusing to let myself panic, I tried to think of a solution or plan to get away from them. Damon must've noticed I calmed down because he removed his hand and crossed his arms over his chest. He raised his eyes away from mine to look at Wolf and Jake.

"Take her home then meet me back at the house." They nodded and each one grabbed my arm dragging me back the way I came. Refusing to look like an idiot, I yanked my arms back to my body and stopped, holding my hands up, and shaking my head in disbelief.

"What is wrong with you guys? Why do you submit to him? He doesn't deserve it and he doesn't deserve your guys' loyalty." I looked back up to search there faces looking for answers. Wolf shook his head, a sad smile working its way on his handsome face.

"That's just not how it works Midnight. But don't feel sorry for us. Damon really is a good guy, a great guy. You just caught us off guard, that's all." His sad smile came a little more happy when he said, "In fact, nobody catches us off guard that easily, right Jake?"

Jake nodded vigorously a smile playing on his lips. I felt myself slowly begin to relax as I saw Wolf laughing at how ridiculous Jake looked smiling and nodding.

"Okay, fine but if he does that again even he won't be able to stop me from giving him a piece of my mind." Wolf smiled at my response and grabbed my hand. "Come on, let's get you home."

I nodded and let Wolf pull me along. I was still curious about whether what I saw about them were true or not but I would to figure that out at home. When they dropped me off, Wolf gave me a smile and small wave as he and Jake walked back into the woods and out of sight.

After they left I went upstairs to my current room. My mother was a doctor so she wasn't home as much as I knew she wanted to be but I didn't blame her. I understand how serious her work is, even if that means I spend a lot of nights home alone. Because mom was a doctor, the house was amazing.

From the outside it looked like a two story, log cabin mansion, but despite the large size of it the inside was surprisingly cozy. When you walked in, there were two halls; one to the right and one to the left with a small mud room in the middle with stairs leading up to the second floor. Going right would lead you to the kitchen, while the left took you to the massive living room (my favorite part of the house). Either way you took, going through the living room or kitchen, each had a door way that lead into the dining room with tall, floor to ceiling windows looking out into the woods looking out the back of the house.