Leaving you behind(28)

Chapter 28

"Maylee! Oh my gosh!" Jo yells as I run up to her. She's tied to a chair and looks like she's been here for years when really she's been here for probably three days. Her hairs a mess and her face is bruised and wet from crying. I hug her as best I can and she cries onto my arm. "May I thought I was going to die... I thought you were going to die." my eyes tear up but for once in my life I think I actually might see a light. A light at the end of the long winding tunnel. A light at the end of my dark past and leading into my unknown future. For once a light that might mean something good. Yeah maybe were both broken down, maybe we might always be now... But as long as we try together as long as we forget about this. Then the light will remain, glowing and brightening the broken hearts.

"It's okay Hannah. Were okay." I say as she continues to cry. "Look I'm going to get you out of here. So just hold on one second." She nods her head and I sprint out of the room and down the way I had come. I skid to a stop when I hear a door open.

"Are you sure she went in here?" I hear the calm voice of Sam ask.

"Does it look like I'm sure? Lets go she's in here." Joey. I grabbed a knife that was on the floor and pick it up. The only way to get back to my sister was to run in front of the guys, which probably wasn't the best choice. But if I waited they could get to Johanna first. I sucked in a breath then let it out and sprint to my sister. "Hey!" Joey yells as the guys footsteps and mine echoed of the walls. I neared where my sister was and slowed down.

"Okay Jo we need to go quick." I said as I ran behind her and started to cut the rope bounding her to the chair. I cut through the rope quickly and moved back to stand in front of her. I ripped the rope away and she collapses into my arms. I fall to the floor holding her weak body in my arms. "No Jo don't give up on me not yet. I need you to hang in there." I cried out. The footsteps stopped and I knew the guys were here. I looked up and locked eyes with Nash as he an the rest filed into the room. Jo moved around and let out and ear splitting scream as Joey entered the room.

"No no! Maylee tell him not to hurt me! May I don't want to get hurt anymore!" Jo cried. I looked at Joey to see him smirking as he made his way over to us. I stood up and made Jo stand behind me as Joey stopped right in front of us. I tied to refrain from cursing since Jo was here but it was really hard.

"Do you see what you did? What you caused!" I yelled pointing my finger behind me to Jo and then at him. Joey smirked at me again and grabbed my arm pulling me away from protecting my sister.

"You better watch how you talk I wouldn't want to hurt you." Joey says. I know he would care to hurt me. I know he would probably enjoy it.

"N-"

"Maylee... I'm not ready..."

"What are you talking about?" I ask Jo as I turn and look at her.

"I'm not ready... To give up now... I'm not ready to let go." Tears threaten to punch out of my eyes but I try to hold them in. She was so brave so daring, so not ready to let Joey or anyone think she was broken. She really was my sister... She really was just like me, but maybe just a little bit stronger.

"Aw look at that. I told you May, she is just. Like. You." Joey taunted out. I pulled my arm out of his grip and shoved him away from me. Johanna ran up and stood next to me like she was ready... Ready to fight. That's when a loud bang fills the air. I turn my attention to Hanna and she's pale as a ghost.

"Han what's wrong?" I ask, but I'm already being pulled out the door. "NO NO IM NOT LEAVING HER!" I screamed I saw Joey run up to Hanna and tie her up in the chair again. She was struggling against Joey like crazy and I couldn't help her. She needed me and I couldn't be there. I can't believe this is happening! I found my sister, I found her and now I'm being forced to leave her behind. I started to thrash around some more, I tried to scream but Nash saw that move coming and clamped his hand over my mouth. My head was now being firmly pressed up against his chest and his arm was wrapped around my waist tightly.