Post-it

Every Saturday morning I would go to the park and play basketball with my cousins and friends. It was just another Saturday morning at the park but this time I notice a cute girl sitting at a bench all by herself. I couldn't take my eyes off. She had long black hair and bright brown eyes. She had headphones on and had a notebook in her hand. She was writing things down and listening to music so she didn't really see me looking at her. I wanted to walk up to her and say hello but I was to shy. The following Saturday she was there again, Sitting at the same bench with headphones on and a notebook in her hand. I'm not much of a stalker but every time I'm at the park now I don't play basketball anymore instead I would sit on the ground and stare at her. There was something about her that made me wanted to get to her know more. I would sit there and drool over her. I told myself that if she was there next Saturday I would walk up to her and introduce myself. My cousins and friends just laughed at me because they knew that I didn't have the gust to do it and that I would pee my pants. I went to the park super early and sat next to the bench where she always sat at. As I waited I started getting nervous. I turned my head towards her bench and notice that she just sat down. My heart started beating faster and faster to the point where I had to grab my chest. I looked at the basketball courts and saw my cousins and friends were waiting for me to make a move. I took a deep breath, stood up from the bench that I was sitting on and walked up toward her.

"Hi!" I said loudly

She didn't say hi back, I just stood there waiting for her to say something but I didn't get a single word out of her. I turned around and walked towards my friends.

"Kris, what happened?" One of my friend asked.

"I said hi." I told him. "But I'll try next Saturday again." I said.

The next Saturday I sat at her bench and waited for her to arrive. When she arrived she sat down and started writing something down in her notebook. She still had her headphones on but I still said hi. I thinking I was yelling at her but She still didn't say hi back. While we sat there I asked her a question.

"What are you listening to?"

She turned her head towards me, stood up and walked away from me.

The following Saturday I sat at her bench again waiting but with a notebook in my hand so I wouldn't look creepy. She sat next to me and opened her notebook up and was listening to music again. I opened mined up and notice I had a posted pack in it. I had a bright idea to how I could talk to her. I took one piece of the post-it and wrote "hi!" on it and placed it on her notebook. She looked at it, turned to face me and grabbed my posted that was on top of my notebook.

"Hi!" She wrote back and placed on my notebook.

I grabbed my post-it from her and wrote, "what you listening to?"

She grabbed my post-it away from me and wrote down, "something beautiful."

I grabbed my post-it for the last time because when I wrote down, "Can I listen to it?" She stood up and walked away.

My week when super slow because I wanted it to be Saturday already. When it was finally Saturday I drove to the park and waited for her to get there. She always get there at the same time but this time she was running late. So when she sat down next to me I pulled out my post-it and wrote down," your late!" And placed it on the cover of her notebook.

She looked at me and smiled. It was the first time she smiled at me and let me tell you it felt awesome. Seeing her smile just made my day and I knew that all the waking up early was worth it. She grabbed the post-it away from my hand and wrote down, "woke up late!"

We passed the post-it back and forth getting to know each another. I found out that her name was Sarah. She liked writing poems, going to the park and just watching people around her. There was only four more post-it and it was my turned to ask a question. I looked at her and notice that she still had headphone on and was still listening to her music. I wanted to hear and know what she was listening but the last time I asked her that she walked away from me. I took a chance and wrote down, "Can I listen to what your listening to?"

She looked at the question and then at me. She pulled out one of her earplugs and handed it to me. I grabbed it and placed it on my right ear. There wasn't any music or sound that was coming out.

"I can't hear anything!" I told her.

She still had the post-it so she wrote something down and placed it on my notebook. I looked down to read.

"Me too!"

I looked at her and grabbed the post-it back and wrote something down.

"It's still beautiful!"

And with the last post-it I wrote down.

"So are you!"