You Gotta Fight... For The Right... To Party. Part 1

“Just put the bloody dress on, Lana!”

Karis yelled through the bathroom door.  Lana rolled her eyes at her demanding friend.  She slipped on the red halter dress and examined herself in the mirror.  That is way too short for me, she thought.  She rifled through her bag and found a pair of black leggings and her black cardigan.  She slipped them on then added an extra bobby pin to her blonde bun.

      “Let’s get on with it!” Karis called out while banging on the door.  Lana gathered her belongings and stepped out of the bathroom, “Really, Lana? Why must you cover your beautiful self up?”

      “Unlike you, I feel more comfortable covered up.”  Karis threw her hands in the air.  There was no point arguing with Lana, if she made her mind up about something then that’s the way it was going to be.  It was actually one of the reasons Karis loved her.  She was always honest, direct and loyal.  Karis walked over to her closet and slipped on her black sparkling heels that matched the tight black mini dress.  Her red hair was curled at the ends and her makeup was done to perfection.  Lana always envied the way she was able to apply it flawlessly.

      “Are you all packed up?” Lana turned to her friend her bright green eyes glowing with excitement.

      “Yes! I can’t believe tomorrow I will be moving into my new dorm, in one month I will be starting my medical program, and in 5 months I will be an official citizen of Ireland!”  She had been waiting anxiously for her citizenship ever since she moved to Ireland from Washington.  She recalled the day she was selected to finish her schooling in Dublin as one of the most important days of her life.

      “You’re already an Irish citizen in my eyes, love!” Karis told her in her thick Irish accent.  Lana turned to her and gave her an affectionate smile.  “Alright, now that we are past the mushy stuff, let’s get to our graduation party!”

      They excitedly grabbed their belongings and headed out the door.  The night had a warm feel with a slight crisp breeze which made their short walk from the dorms to the party comfortable.  They conversed about what they were going to do on their short break from school and whether the party would be lame.  Fifteen minutes into their walk they heard the bumping of loud music.

      “We’re here!” Karis squealed.  She grabbed Lana’s hand and pulled her along.  Lana’s eyes widened at her first glimpse of the house.  She had never been to a party this large before.  The house was gigantic and very modern.  Karis pushed through the white gate and entered into the front yard.  There were three beer pong tables set up to the left and a group of people shot gunning beer to the right of her.  They climbed the steps leading to the door which Karis opened and pulled Lana inside.  The inside of the house still had tons of people but it didn’t seem as crowded as outside.  Karis led her through the main hallway, past the living room and straight to the kitchen.  The counter was crowded with graduates making drinks for themselves.  Karis pulled Lana to the side.

      “We will wait here for some of these people to clear out then I will make us a drink, ya?” she asked Lana.  She nodded in reply.  Lana examined everyone in the room.  She didn’t recognize a single person.  Straight ahead a handsome blonde haired guy with a chiseled jaw caught her eye and started toward them.

      “Hello, Hottie!” Karis whispered to Lana making her giggle.

      “Eh there!  My name’s Sean.  I don’t think I have had the pleasure of meeting you ladies before.”  He said in an English accent. He extended his hand to them.

      “I’m Lana and this is Karis.” She introduced.  She glanced at Karis who was practically drooling over their new acquaintance. “So did you graduate today as well?”