Chapter 1

Very short taster chapter, please give this story time to pick up the beginning will be slightly slow paced. Comments would be nice, just to see what you think of my decision to start this story again I really hope people will like it.

Megan xxx

-----------

Time seemed to be dragging slowly as I sat in the back of the Ford Fiesta we had rented from the airport, the windows were tinted making it hard to take in my new surroundings or my new 'home' as my mother and stepfather liked to call it.

This had not been my choice, not that it had been taken into consideration, yet here I was all jet lagged and gross from our long flight from London to Panama City, Florida. I can understand to many my reluctance to move from my dreary hometown to the sunny beaches of Florida would sound crazy as under any other circumstances I would have jumped at this opportunity. I mean who doesn't love the idea of a fresh start in a new country?

Unfortunately due to the current circumstances not me. This 'fresh start' would only benefit my stepfather who would go to any lengths to keep me under his strict control.

You see my stepfather and I have never liked each other from the day we met. I couldn't help myself from feeling angry at my mums choice of a second husband, Paul was a charmer with his smooth words and fictional kind and caring heart. For many years he had convinced our local community he was of Saint like nature with the work he had done with our local church but I could only I could see his true cold and controlling colours.

I have always refused to let him brainwash me like my mother, even now when he has isolated me from all my family and friend I will not allow him to change who am. I am Grace Williams and will never be anyone but myself.