Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Mrs Abigail Asamoah was a say it all woman and though she loved to complain. Today was a day Daniel wished his mother would spare him. He'd made a mistake and his mom was not going to let him rest. Being on an average height side, with greying hair slightly at the roots of her side hair, laugh lines marked her face, the gift of being a cheerful person. Oh and he was not to forget her fiery temper if he went against her disciplinary measures.

"You told her she was about to commit suicide?!" she yelled over the phone.

He shut his eyes rubbing his temple, "No mom it was a suggestion"

"Why would you suggest that to her?" his mom was not ready to back down.

"Mom there are important things" he said remembering the look on the woman's face when she said she couldn't remember. She didn't look scared, it was more like a look of indifference. How she was calm and collected, he didn't know.

"Yes you are right. We need to help find her family. I don't even know how she must be feeling now"

Daniel thought of it. "Maybe she feels alone"

"Of course she does. Just don't make any more of your blunt comments around her"

He stood straight even though she wasn't present in person to see him, "Sure thing mom"

"I'll be praying for her. Goodnight son"

"Goodnight mom" there was a beep signalling end of call.
He dropped the phone on the table in the centre of the room and ran both hands on his face plopping down on the only sofa in his apartment, a bed was right behind the sofa separated by a curtain, in addition was a small fridge in the corner of the room, a radio on top of it.

That were the only things Daniel had in his room. The man never was interested in decorating or spending money on lavish items he wouldn't use. He however loved the feeling of accomplishment his apartment gave him.

Resting his head on his intertwined hands he thought of the day's events, he had been glad to hear she had finally woken up but finding out she'd lost her memory had taken the win out of his sails. But he was still glad despite her memory loss that she was still alive at least he wouldn't have his conscience weighing on him for taking a life. Though it would have been unintentional but it still would have been a heavy burden to carry.

He had been scared the weeks she was in a coma but tonight he could rest easy. Whispering a prayer of thanks again, he slipped into a long awaited sleep of rest.

*****************************

"Daniel is here to see you" a nurse told her as she took her morning prescription.

She nodded in response before staring out the open window, it was raining and the trees were moving as blown by the wind. Their leaves looked more green. She felt at peace getting lost in beauty of it.

Someone cleared his throat. Jolted out of staring at the trees, she turned to see Daniel standing in a slightly wet attire, that must have been probably from running through the rain to get into the hospital. The rain had just started a few minutes ago.
"How are you doing?" he asked perching on the chair by the bed side.

"I'm good" she answered and silence reigned again. The silence was comfortable as it drew her attention back to the sound of the rain and the wind moving the trees. From the corner of her eyes she could see him fidgeting in his chair. "Are you okay?" she asked him, her eyes still looking out the window.

"Who? Me? I'm great" he said in a hurry.

He didn't say anything else, just sat there as silence made noise.
She kept staring out the window when a warm hand fell on hers, instinctively she pulled it away.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to pray for you. I should have asked before taking your hand. I didn't mean to scare you"

"Its okay" she said.

"Let me ask again, Can I pray for you?"

She nodded.

"Why do you keep coming here?" she asked him after he'd prayed.

"To check on you"

"But you don't know me"

"True but I choose to come see you besides it was my vehicle that knocked you down" he said checking his wrist watch. "I'll be leaving now. I'll be here in the evening to see you"

"But it's raining" she told him.

He agreed by nodding but told her rain had never stopped him from working before and so wouldn't do that to him.

Another nod answered him.

"Thank you" she said as he opened the door. He didn't say anything but she knew he heard her by his brief nod.

Hello people, please remember to vote or comment your thoughts and ideas if you like the story. It means a lot to me.

So Chapter 3 is served... :)

Ko si se me te monka......stay blessed.