Broken

A/N This is part two of None of that matters now 

That night I crashed on my friends couch, and texted Levi that he had the night to get his belongings and leave. Technically the apartment was under my name. Then I sent a brief "I still love you. Goodbye."

 He read it but never responded. After everything we went through I wasn't worth more than a read receipt. 

Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night. I couldn't. I was feeling such a wide array of emotions. 

I was mad- no I was outraged. Outraged that Levi could do something like this to me. Outraged that all the hard work I put into the relationship amounted to nothing. Outraged that Levi could do that, and then have the audacity to  be upset when the relationship was over. 

He did this. He did this to me. He did this to us. Its all his fault.

I guess you could say I blamed him a little...

The sadness I felt could not be described. How could he do this? How could he betray my trust? Maybe I didn't try hard enough? Maybe I was too moody? Maybe I just wasn't good enough for him? Maybe I'm not good enough for anyone? 

I guess you could say I blamed myself a little... 

Even though I was so mad I could screamed, and the thought of never seeing him again felt like someone had ripped out my heart leaving me with nothing left. Even though every time I blinked I saw his lips against hers. Even though I wanted to touch him so bad my fingers ached. And I missed his touch so bad my heat ached. At the end of the day I was relieved. Relieved that I had caught them together sooner rather than late. Relieved I wouldn't waste anymore time on a relationship that was going no where. Relieved I wouldn't have to witness Levi slowly grow distant before ending it. Leaving me forever wondering what went wrong. 

Around 6 in the morning I decided it was probably safe to go back to our apartment. I left my friends place leaving her a note so she wouldn't be frightened by my absence.

The cab drive back to the apartment felt like a dream. Nothing felt real. God how I wish this was a dream. I wish it was that simple. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare in my bed with Levi laying next to me. I wish I could put my face in the crook of his neck while he ran his fingers through my hair assuring me that none of it was real. 

But it is real. Life isn't simple. And I'm never waking up.

The journey to the apartment was far too short, and before I knew it I was staring at the front door with the key in my hand. I finally gathered all of the courage I could muster and slowly brought the key to the lock. My hand was shaking like a leaf. I slowly turned the key until I heard it click. Closing my eyes I turned the knob and opened the door. When I finally opened them all of the memories came flooding back. 

One of my happiest memories was last winter. Levi and I both had the day off and we spent the whole day cuddling on the couch watching cheesy romance movies on Netflix. We were both wearing over sized comfy sweaters. Him with a pair of joggers, and me with a pair of his boxers. We were under a pile of blankets, and sipping on freshly made hot chocolate. My head laying on his chest with his arm wrapped around my back. He traced  designs on the exposed skins of my leg. 

I remember closing my eyes taking a deep breath and feeling content. I remember feeling like as long as I had him everything would be ok. 

But now the room was silent, and cold.

I walk into the small kitchen, and remember all of the meals we crated. Whether they were delicious, or burnt they were all perfect. 

My favorite was on the night of my last birthday. I decided I didn't want to go anywhere fancy. All I needed was a night in with food and Netflix. After the disaster with the last cooking attempt that almost ended with us burning the entire kitchen down; we decided on something easy. Spaghetti. 

Levi was concentrating especially hard on the sauce, while I just sat on the counter next to the stove watching him. He looked so serious. I remember thinking he needed to chill out. I mean this was supposed to be fun right?

Suddenly I had the best idea. A sinister smile spread across my face as I grabbed the spaghetti spoon and fished out a single noodle. I picked up the noodle and essentially slapped Levi across the face with it. At first he looked slightly shocked, but that changed when I dissolved into laughter. He scoffed and had a small grin on his face. 

I hopped off the counter grabbing the stray noodle that was now on the floor to discard in the trash. When I turned around I was hit straight in the face with a noodle. Levi quickly turned away as if nothing had happened. 

Oh he was going to get it now. 

I ran over to the sink quickly turning the tap on and grabbing the hand sprayer. Then I grabbed the hand sprayer, and quickly sprayed his back. This turned into an all out food fight with water, noodles, and a little bit of sauce all over the kitchen. It ended with him pinning me against the ground, and our faces mere centimeters apart. But I knew fully well it couldn't get any further than this until the kitchen was returned to its spotless condition. So we quickly cleaned up our mess and put what was left of our dinner in the fridge, before racing each other to the bedroom. 

But now the kitchen was empty, and the silence that filled the apartment was deafening. 

I noticed a small folded piece of paper folded and placed on the counter. I walked up to the table, and noticed that it had my name written on the front in Levi's messy handwriting. Slowly I grabbed and unfolded the sheet of paper, and saw only two words written. 

"I'm sorry"

For the first time since all of this began I finally broke down. I let all of the emotions take over. 

I placed the paper on my chest crumpling it a little, and slowly fell to the ground sobbing. I cried so long my eyes were raw, and my throat hurt. But none of that mattered now. He was gone. And I am broken.

A/N Ok so I kinda have it planned in my head for four possibly five more parts of this. And I'm thinking I should add another AOT character in the next part to be like the readers close friend. (Completely platonic) So comment below who you want it to be and I'll pick whatever gets the most votes/ whatever I like the best if this doesn't get very many comments. Also requests are open I just ask that you go comment on the chapter titled "Untitled Part 21" (unless i have already told you I would do it.) Also I have started telling people when i agree to do requests approximately when they will be up. That is mostly just to keep my self accountable and I guess so far it is working? Technically it is past midnight so this is being uploaded on Sunday when I said it would be on Saturday.. But I don't think I would have even worked on this tonight had I not said it would be posted on Saturday. So ya this author note got long and kinda rambly so sorry! Bye!!