Chapter 1

**Fairlight's POV**

"Here's your change, your receipt is in the bag," I say, holding the bag out, "have a nice day."

"Thank you!"

The woman walks out with her bag. I sigh and brush my fingers through my hair. We've been packed all day. Ever since we started stocking casual summer dresses we've been really popular. Which is crazy, since the dementors are making everything chilly. I look down at the list left by Josie. It's nearly lunch time and I've barely had time to do any of it. I check my watch. There's two minutes until my break starts, I might as well clock off early.

I walk over to the door and slide the lock across and change the sign to 'Sorry! We're closed'. I walk back over to the list. I have to design and order a new sign for the new shop name (Josie's), design and order new posters, create a new 'summery' theme for the decorations, which has to be done tonight, and restock all the racks. I groan and slide down onto the floor.

"Problem?"

I look up and see George sitting on the counter. I smile at him.

"I didn't hear you come in," I say. He shrugs.

"I tip toed," he says, "I'm pretty sneaky."

I laugh and lean my head back against the wall.

"What's the problem?" he asks. I motion to the list on the counter and he picks it up to read it.

"I'm no good at design and stuff," I sigh, "it'll take me hours."

"Ah, but you have me," he says, "Fred and I did all the design for our shop. I could do this in about a minute."

"You could?" I ask hopefully. He looks down at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Do you doubt my abilities?"

I laugh, shaking my head. He grins.

"Good, get up and find me some paper and pencils, then make me a sandwich."

"Excuse me?" I laugh. He winks at me with a cheeky grin.

"Please," he says. I get up and walk into the store room and bring out paper and a box of pencils.

"I'll go down to the cafe and get us lunch," I say, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He nods, already sketching something on the paper.

By the time I get back George has drawn up a new sign, posters and is working on the decorations. I try to look over his shoulder, but he turns the paper over.

"I'm not finished," he says.

"Fine," I sigh, handing him his sandwich, "I'll restock the shelves, then. Let me know when you're done."

Restocking the shelves takes about half an hour. I sit and eat my salad while George draws, his half eaten sandwich in one hand.

"Alright, done," he says, finishing with a flourish. I look over his shoulder and gasp.

"George! It's perfect!" I exclaim, "how did you do that?"

"I'm just really clever," he says. I pick up the drawing of the new sign. It's 'Josie's' in black cursive over a white background with pink polka dots.

"Thank you SO much!" I say, flinging my arms around him. He gives me a squeeze and a kiss on the top of the head.

"I'd better head back," he says, checking his watch.

"Oh, hang on, let me fill out the order forms and you can post them on the way," I say, diving over the counter and searching for the forms. I scribble them out and put them, along with George's pictures into an envelope. I scrawl the addresses and stick a stamp on them and hand them to him.