Game

Kol blinked at Kate in disbelief. How could he not be her trigger? He thought she loved her. Kate shrugged.

"Oh well, better luck next time. Frankly, this party is getting boring," she smirked before speeding off into the night. In a flash, Klaus and Elijah were at his side. 

"I take that it did not go well," Elijah suggested. Kol shook his head and turned around to face them. 

"I'm not her emotional trigger," he said, barely above a whisper. Klaus's expression darkened.

"How is this possible!" he hissed. Kol looked down at his feet in shame when something clicked in his head.

"What's that look for, brother?" Elijah asked uneasily.

"I might not be her trigger, but I know how to find out who is. I need you to listen with an open mind, this is pretty reckless and possibly dangerous," Kol explained. An evil smile crept on to Klaus's face.

"Which means it just might work."

Kol, Klaus, and Bonnie all stood in front of the tomb Katherine was trapped in in 1864. "Please, Bonnie, it's the only way we can save innocent lives," Kol pleaded.

"I know for a fact that isn't why you want to do this," Bonnie countered dryly,  "but that doesn't make it a lie. I'll do it, but we can't tell Damon or Stefan. They will just try to stop it," she agreed. Klaus and Kol smiled at each other. 

Bonnie performed to spell before looking up at the brothers. "Alright," she started, "the tomb will seal any vampire inside for twelve hours, so I suggest you work fast." With that, Bonnie walked off.

"Do you know what t do now?" Klaus asked. Kol nodded and sped off to the Grill.

Sure enough, Kate was there. She was flirting with some college guy, making Kol's blood boil. When they made eye contact, Kate sauntered over. It was time to put his plan into action.

"Could't resist?" she purred.

"I thought you were done with me," Kol dismissed before walking away. Kate grabbed his arm and sped them into a dark hallway.

"Not even close," she hissed, " I'm not done with this game." She leaned in, but Kol got close to her ear.

"You're not the only one who can play games," he whispered before snapping her neck. He picked up her limp body and sped to where Klaus was waiting.

"Nice work, brother," he approved before pulling out a syringe.

"Will that kick in before the spell wears off?" Kol asked.

"This venom has the strength of six full moon werewolves, it'll kick in with time to spare," he explained.

"Do I even want to know where you got something like that?" Kol joked. Klaus laughed and plunged the needle into Kate's arm before tossing her into the tomb.

It was hours later before Kate had woken up. Klaus had left, and the spell had nearly run out. Her head was spinning, and she felt weak. Kol got close to the entrance of the tomb.

Completely overcome, Kate sped up to the door.

"What did you do?" she hissed, spitting in his face. Suddenly, her demeanor changed. Her face softened.

"Kate?" Kol asked.

"Kol? Kol, I've missed you so much! How-" Kate stopped short, as if she was having some sort of realization. "You!" she spat. "You tried to kill me. You're sick! You're a monster!"

"Please calm down," Kol reasoned, trying to avoid her fury.

"How can I calm down! There's only one person I can trust! Where is he? What did you do to him?" she cried.

"Where's who?" Kol asked.

"Where's Andre!" she cried before rushing forward. Fortunately, she was to weak to go farther than his arms. Kol quickly injected Klaus's blood into her neck before breaking it.

As Kol held her body, all he could think about was who is Andre?

A/N Yes, I suck at updating. Thank you for the comments, I love reading them. Let me know what you want to see more of (Damon scenes, specific flashbacks, etc)