Sailing through loves gates

Briskly exiting the Palace I looked about wondering if this would be my last time my eye's ever gazed over the immaculate adorned walls, floors and ceilings. The beautiful gold encrusted furnishings, priceless paintings and towering mirrors, brilliant crystal chandlers, flickering candlesticks, and tapestries. I would miss the gardens and the Ponds waters on a full moon. How can I be sure that I am not returning? Somehow I just know!

  A tall, thin, dark haired young man stood gesturing me into a the rear passenger side door of a black limousine. then the tires screeched as we pulled away. Glancing over my shoulder at the Palace I watched as it's vastness faded away to nothing. It had been years since I'd been outside the gates of the Palace, only once was I taken out before as a young lady. To the market place it was. The cook had taken me to help carry the groceries, but she became hysterical when a dozen or more men began to follow us and asked her repeatedly if they could wed me or if they could buy me.

  From that time on I had been isolated from the World and kept prisoner of the Palace alone. The cook told the others what had happened and they mocked me and swore me to be a witch, an evil vile temptress. "Without a soul is she", they uttered as I would pass.

" Perhaps I am" I began to say to myself. What is a souls purpose?  I had not intentionally tempted any man. I knew not man's ways nor actions. I only a child thought of only games, playing and dolls. If I'd ever had dolls, or was let to play. All I've ever known was my mind to play and dream. And my moon to sing rhymes, wishes to stars.

  "Where are we heading joven, I asked?"

  We are headed to the port with haste jovencita, your ship will voyage at hours end."

  "My ship?"

  "Yes, jovencita; my instructions are to have you on that ship so that is what i aim to do. All else will be explained upon arrival."

  "Yes, of coarse, thank you joven."

  The window dividing he from I was now up and I hear giovanni pierluigi da palestrina missa papae marcelli kyrie begin to play softly, enveloping my soul. A compartment opens within are six chimming crystal glasses and a bottle of gaja sori san lorenzo barbaresco langhe piemonte italy 1986.

  "It is my year."

  Sipping it in gently it flows over on tongue, Rolling it around to capture it's fragrance, then swallowing it deep my belly warms. I sigh in delight, my shoulders loosen. My eye's soften as the melody enchants me. 

"So this must be what it feels like to be Royal."

  The car halts then a sharp whistle and proud horn sound robust, bringing me back to the present. Widely my door is preyed by the driver, I set down my glass and stand to my feet. A dock is before us with many large boats and ships. People scurry about the oceans air fills my lungs as a brisk breeze welcomes me.

  "Please hurry joveline." The driver motions me towards a gentleman dressed like a crewman.

  "Right this way Madam Raven."

Following him I see a large luxurious Yacht with the Royal Seal. Around 90 meters in lenght. It's broad, yet sleek, white in color, graceful tinted windows with a modern flair. A vessel worthy of grand Sea. Boarding my steps echo over the wooden deck. A gentle fog drift rolls in curiously I peer through it trying to see where I am to be led.

  We enter a dinning room, "sit here Madam Raven your host will be with you shortly."

  "Who?"

  My voice carries over the whistles but is not answered, as the crewman vanishes. I sit at a grand dinning table set for 20 guests. Anticipations begins to turn the wine in my stomach sour. Strumming my fingers over the fine red linen cloth I examine my shoes for any soil, but there is none. Noticing now only two settings having been set, warm breads, and iced waters poured. Gliding my fingers down the fogged glass I wonder when my mystery voyage mate will join me.

Suddenly a figure in the door appears. I'd recognize his silhouette anywhere. It is he! The tall dreamy vision that plagued my nights last. Yes,  none other than the Prince,  Devalin. He enters the room with an heir of nobility his eyes locked onto mine. I shy blushing, breath quickening and stare down towards the floor, clutching at the skirt of my fur coat. Grasping my hand gently he kisses it and sweeps me up from my seat, clutching my waist.

  "Hello, my darling Darcy."

  "Hello, your Highness."

  "No, please my love call me Devaline."

  "Yes, my Lord Devaline."

  "No, just Devaline."

  "Yes, Devaline."

  He kisses my hand once more as he speaks and the warmth of his passionate kiss fills me. Why does he have to be so handsome and charming; why does my body set ablaze when he touches it? My hatred melts away, my spite forgotten. How I ask?

 " Devaline why am I here, what do you want of me; I am as low as dirt and if anyone ever knew.."

  Pulling me closely he looks deep into my eyes, kisses my forehead, then my lips passionately. I begin to loose time as does he. Pushing my coat from my shoulders, it falls draping my feet. His large smooth hands rush up my bare back ever so softly, then down around my hips. His right hand follows the seam of my dress caressing my outer thigh

  "Devaline stop!"

I push him away bending to lift my coat covering myself shamefully.

  " What is it my Love?"

  " Am I your Love?"

  "Yes, my dearest."

" Why until lastnight have you never confessed your feelings, and what will you have of me now Sir; just you bring me aboard as a toy for fancy until your through to make of my disposal at sea? What else but that your a Prince, and I just a servant girl who's virtue you stripped for pleasure."

  "Darcy you have it all wrong, my intention was never to do harm to you; I have always loved you since the first moment my eye's looked upon your beauty so rare not even rags and mud could mask. Over the years I have waited and watched you become the woman you are now, I have traveled the World and Seas and I know it to be certain you are by far the greatest beauty to walk the Earth. You've captured my heart and with this said know now that there is only room in my heart for your love. You must have felt my love for you, haven't I shown you favor? Is it not my name your lips utter when you sleep, or frightened? Haven't I always come? I will always come to you."

  "Yes, it is your name I have called to but what of this nights past?"

  " Last night I came because I heard you calling, something powerful came over me; your beauty so prepossessing as you slept, so I lay with you."

  "Indeed!"

  "the luster of your raven locks, the longing curves of your Ivory skin, the glisten of your petal soft pink lips drew me in; and when I kissed you.. you did not refuse me, there for I believed you consented."

  "Your words are true, but I thought it to be a dream a lustful passing of my wandering mind as I slumber."

  " Your saying you did not consent my love?"

  " But I did, now that I see it from your eyes, oh I am sorry, for what have I done?"

  Pulling me to his arms I fight him not as he offers me comfort.He does indeed love me, but how can my luck be so devine that a prince would fall for this lowly sevant?