Apex Heights University "Darcy Ravens Beginnings"

"Shadow of a girl I am not, but whom can say what I am; once fearless! As I lay at the edge of the icy canals dark waters agonizingly alone. Frightened of the truths..the truths I know of myself; yes blood does rinse away, but the sting upon my heart may never. The screeches ringing within my mind, tortures reign on thrones of blood imprinted on my childhood. Starvation and torment I can handle but this final assault is unforgivable. Why did he take my last shred of innocents? Defiling me completely. I should leave this place but where would a usless wretch like me go?

Warmth of crimson streams down my thighs into the black waters. "My Gypsy mother told me a Royal would ravish my virtue, it was in my cards; she insisted. Opening my life's design, or my true destiny. "Sacrifice all purity, embrace the darkness and live;" she would say!

  Perhaps she was right? Even the sky is black tonight, no moon..how I cherish the moon! It provokes and pulls me. As a child it was all I had to look to, as my caravan would drift from bay to bay. Between Loire France, Naples Italy, and our homeland the Andalusia's.

I am Gypsy, perhaps not by birth but it is all I recall ever being now. My earliest memory is a red shroud over a mirror beside my crib, and my mother laying very still behind me. Her face I know it was white as milk as mine but her hair red as wild fire, and eyes sparkling emeralds. "She was beautiful!" Her gifts to me, beauty unsurpassed,  and a book of dark magic.

  Gypsy from that day forward, I was taken in by that caravan my mother took me to. They must have done so because of the words she spoke," My daughter Darcy Raven is enchanted and will become the darkest wizard the World has known".

  How can it be? I Darcy Raven to be this spoken dark wizard? Why I wish my mother to be alive to speak this riddle to completion.  I'd say why mother must I be evil, it does'nt seem right that a child's design be stained black and written before I can even speak.

  "I was just a child"; why did they indulge in my birth mothers last words? Perhaps their own dark purpose lay behind at bay. What do they gain from raising me to become this dark wizard?

  My gypsy mother Madame Vadoma told me I can not fight my true nature it would destroy the balance of nature. "What did she know of this balance?" Elements would be at your command once you've embraced who you are;" Madame Vadoma demanded. Scolding throughout my daily lessons of spells and rituals. I learned much more rapidly than any others, surpassing all of the caraban. Six generation of dark magic users were they, unscrupulous, vial, plagues to the Earth became fearful.

  "Do not look to her eyes, nigh vexed you shall be," they muttered and spat as they passed me.

  Punished, starved, beaten upon my body never my face in preparation for whom I must become. The pain unbearable, but I was cursed with rapid healing,  wich only angered them more so.

  It came all too soon. Looking back, I recall the night they dragged me to the Palace. The moon was full with rich fervent glow. It had been days since any morsel of food nor drink had fell upon my lips.

  My mud stained skin and draping rags hid me well. Echoing loudly before us they knocked at the Palace doors. Staff came swiftly and conversation began.

  I was to be sold for a servant girl, but the staff refused to pay and began to shut the doors, when suddenly a sharp still voice shouted," Stop;" it was the young Prince a valiant, youth. His staff quickly gave to his command. Opening the doors wide. His eyes meeting mine.

" This girl is to be brought within our care and you will pay double what they have asked;" he said and then proceeded to warn the Gypsies.

  "Your treatment layed upon this girl is retched, and so for that I pay you to leave for returning here again will bring you death!"