Chapter Sixteen: Pizza is Great

Eliana

(SLB)

My room was fairly big and plain, coffee colored walls and bed with a dark wood frame and a cream colored sheet. I slipped into the bath happily, the warm water making my skin buzz. I let out a long sigh that I didn't even know I was holding in. After a long overdue bath, I got up and found a set of pj's waiting for me in the closet. The top was a white flowing t-shirt that was quite silly. The bottoms were flannel and had a yellow and gray plaid pattern.

The room, I noticed, was very quiet. It would have been a good thing if I wanted to have some time to myself to think, but I thought that would be quite dangerous. I would probably drive myself mad thinking about how impossible all this was, how utterly crazy it sounded. Looking around the room I found nothing to keep my mind off things. So I pulled myself off the bed, opened my door and crept out of my room. As I approached the neighboring door, I felt my heart rate spike. Alena was just past the door, doing who knows what. I could be bothering her, or I could scare her and she could pull out those very sharp deadly daggers and the next thing you know I am in a casket.

I was about to turn away when I got a certain surge of bravery and knocked on her door. It was a couple moment before she opened the door. She was in Pajamas just as I was and had a mind smile across her face.

" Can I help you?" She asked sweetly. I wasn't quite sure what to say, I urged words to come out of my mouth but my body seemed to disobey.

" I just- just m-maybe thought, well you don't have to but, I-I was lonely and-and-and-"

" Would you like to come in?" She stopped my pitiful stuttering. I felt a soft smile form on my lips as I nodded. I walked in and heard her close the forest behind me. The room wasn't different at all. The birch bed frame was the only difference I could notice. As I looked around the room I noticed a book on the bed. I slowly made my way over to it. The Lord of the Rings.

" Have you read it?" Alena said, noticing my staring.

" I tried to, I made it three chapters in and nearly died of boredom," I heard myself say and realized that I probably just insulted her.

" It's fine, it does have a slow beginning," she said upon seeing my worried face " Do you like to read?" She asked. I was starting to get excited, I loved to read. I always managed to get so worked up about characters and plot.

" Very much," I answer trying to play it cool. You see, I'm not very good in social situations. It's not that I don't like people, I'm just not very good at people skills. I'm also kinda introverted.

" What books?" She asks smoothly but shyly. Alena did seem like the quiet, shy, bookish type.

" Oh, there are so many good ones! Let's see, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and so many others! " Alena just stared at me, surprised by my sudden burst of energy and excitement. I always got a little too hyper when talking about the things I love. Yet Alena smiled and nodded, I smiled back.

" How about we have dinner here, you and I could get to know each other, maybe watch a movie?" She asked sweetly. Alena was probably the nicest person I have ever met. Well, Shannon was always really sweet, that is until she tried to kill me.

" I would like that very much," I answer, trying not to be too over excited. I really liked Alena, and I wanted her to like me too.

" What's your opinion on pizza?" She asked, looking through one of those guide books you always find in hotel rooms. She picked up a phone and started punching numbers in, looking back at the book every now and then.

" You can never go wrong with pizza!" I smile.

"Cheese, pepperoni, veggie, what are you hungry for?" She asked with the phone up to her ear, if I listened closely I could hear the rings through the phone.

" Cheese, if that's alright?" I answered. Alena nodded and started talking into the phone. I looked around for the remote. When I found it on the bedside table I turned the tv on and started scrolling through possible movie options. For a moment I wondered if we should invite Tsuki to our little movie night. When I looked back at Alena and smiled as I watched her confirm our pizza through the phone. We were really getting along, and as wonderful as Tsuki seemed, I wanted to get to know them one at a time.

Alena hung up the phone and looked at the tv. "What movie are we watching?" She asked.

" I don't know yet," I answered without looking at her. My finger clicking the scroll button consistently.

" Well keep scrolling, I'm sure we can find something. Oh, and pizza is on its way!" Alena explained.

Most of the movies available looked quite creepy and Alena and I had both agreed that we didn't like those. We found a couple good Disney movies and decided to watch Tangled. Just as we were about to start the movie, there was a knock at the door. I went to open it to see Daisuke holding two pizzas on a platter.

" Miss Eliana. This is not your room is it?" He asked fairly politely and in return, I politely laughed.

" No but Alena and I decided to get to know each other better, we are having a movie night," I say proudly.

" Well have fun then," Then Daisuke sauntered off to who knows where. Closing the door I smell the pizza, the heavenly scent taunting me. My stomach gurgled and my mouth watered. I jump into the bed and we start to play the movie as we eat our pizza. My final thought before I devoted my entire attention to the movie was that I finally had a friend!

Shannon didn't count, she tried to kill me. I hoped Alena wouldn't do the same.