So What's The Punishment?

IRA POV

"Sweetie, you have to eat it." I pushed the bowl of cereal towards Hazel but she only stared at it hopelessly. It was a mission to get her down to the kitchen so goodness knows how much effort i will have to put for her to take a bite. 

It was as though i were looking after a child, someone who doesn't know how to eat, bath or even walk alone. It was a struggle but this is my daughter. I would do anything for her, especially at a time like this. 

I was about to put the food away when Jace walked into the kitchen. He gave me a small smile but it didn't reach his eyes. That's what i miss the most. When peoples smiles used to reach their eyes. I try to do that in the mirror but not even i could do it. 

"Hey honey." Jace whispered, kissing Hazel on the forehead. She didn't move or say anything which made me sigh. I was hoping at least her father could have come effect on her. 

"How is she?" Jace asked in my head. I looked up to see him looking at me, hope clear in his facials. I slowly shook my head and looked down, showing that there was no change. 

"Still the same." I whispered. 

"We need to talk. Meet me in my room in ten minutes." He said before turning around and leaving. I quickly put the cereal in the sink and walked to Hazel.

"Lets go back in the room." I whispered to her, grabbing her hand. She nodded and stood up slowly before letting me lead her. 

"What did dad say?" She asked, her voice low and barely audible. Taken aback, i looked at her weirdly. 

"When sweetie?" 

"In the kitchen. You two were talking in the mind link." She replied, staring at the floor. Not sure what to say to that, i sighed. 

"He was just asking about you. We're all terribly worried about you, sweetie." I whispered, opening the door to her room. She nodded and walked in before falling onto the bed. I frowned when i relised she was much skinnier than she was before. 

"I'll be back, ok?" I said, standing in the doorway. She didn't reply so i took my leave and started heading to Jaces room. 

I enjoyed the silence as i walked to his room, slowing my speed as i savoured each second. My life has been a mixture of cries and screams lately, hardly any silence mixed in there. 

Without knocking, i entered his room. He staring out of the window but turned around as i closed the door. I gave him a smile as i walked to him. 

"It's been awhile since we last had a conversation." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck. He held my waist as he lent in to give me a peck. 

"Unfortunely, it's not a very good topic today." He said, frowning. With a sigh, i detangled myself from him and sat on the edge of the bed. 

"What's it about this time?" 

"Hazels punishment." He replied, a hard look over taking his once calm expression. I sighed, knowing that this is going to be a long and intense conversation. 

"What have you been thinking of?" I asked, watching him as he slowly paced around the room. His hands were folded behind his back and hie eyes were focused on the ground. 

"Logna suggested we give her Omega duties for a week." He muttered, rubbing his chin. "I don't want her punishment to be too harsh that people forget she's their Alphas daughter. It wouldn't be fair on her and i'll never be ready to see my daughter get treated that way."

"But what's lighter than Omega duties? We usually give that punishment to criminals who have commited robbery, or started a fight. I'm sure that's light enough."