Six

Waking up that morning was nice but it was tough for Ivory. She felt a weight on her body and hair in her face. She attempted to blow it away but it was so much, she ended up squirming and screaming. Gradually Matt opened his eyes. He noticed his hair was covering her face so he took his hand and swished it to it's rightful places which unveiled a beautiful and vibrant smile. Ivory couldn't believe her eyes, the morning sun had just came up and it almost made Matt look like an angel....

"Goo--" he started but she turned around, pulling on the covers.

"Oh is everything alright...?" His hand softly touched her shoulder, a soft whimper escaping her lips as she tried to speak,

"I-I am okay..." Pulling tighter onto her shield, she spoke quietly, "Would you like breakfast?"

"Hm..." he looked at her still a little concerned. His lips felt... used...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WOW YOU GUYS SLEPT IN THE SAME BED AND HE HELD YOU? No no girl he likes you." Her excited friend screamed through the small plastic device. She had thought about telling Sam about the kiss but...

"Ah ha ha... I wouldn't... Say... That..." he didn't like her. He proved that last night. After breakfast with Matt she decided to call Sam and "Spill the beans" As beloved friend liked to say. She was starting to regret it taken the fact that Sam was overly excited.

"So are you coming back today?"

"Later tonight, yeah, we will be there."

"Heh..." she could hear sam grinning on the phone... " 'we' is it?"

"HEY HEY, Do not take that the wrong way... Okay?"

"Hm, okay well I will see you two later. "

"Okay" They both hung up. Looking at her phone with a soft smile she was a bit excited to be with her friend. This time with Matt was fun and apart of her was actually relieved. She was happy to be his friend, she was happy they could spend time like this without someone getting hurt. For a whole year  she's been obsessing over the thought of being with him, but he wasn't ever ready. He may never be ready to date and if he is and it's not with her, then she's okay with that. Her heart was changing. Her smile felt real for the first time in a long time--she wanted it to stay this way.

"Hey Iv, You ready?" The patient boy standing in the doorway said as he gave her a friendly grin. She looked at his soft lips... such a shame that she couldn't ever feel them again.

"Yeah, I'm ready. So where do you want to go first on our day of fun?" walking towards the front door she grabbed the car keys and made her way out to the car.

"Well maybe we can go to an arcade? Ooh, then see a movie?" slamming his door shut he looked over at her, "Yeah, then we can go to mall. You trying to get kicked out again?" Her laugh filled the car as she recalled old memories--Old destruction.

"Hell yeah I am. " The two looked at each other with wide smiles. This was the beginning and the end. This is where their stories cross path; to a happy beginning and destructive ends.