Chapter Fourteen

Colton woke early that morning and left the guest room for the gym where he beat the punching bag for almost two hours. He showered quickly, changed into his suit, and kissed all of his children while they were still sleeping before he left for work. Kayla woke up after she heard the door shut and rolled over. Colton's side of the bed was untouched except for the divorce papers that lay there. She got out of bed and put on a large grey cardigan and her slippers, grabbed the papers and went down to the kitchen. She put on the coffee and filled her cup and went outside.

She walked up to the fireplace sitting in the middle of the patio and she started the fire. Kayla waited for a few minutes as the fire burned and looked at the divorce papers in her hand. She looked again at Colton's signatures and then threw the papers in the fire. There was no way she was going to let him go.

Macy walked into Colton's office with a tray of food on it and hadn't even taken her jacket off yet. Colton turned his chair around and watched her walk in. She didn't notice him until he turned his chair around and she almost dropped the tray in surprise.

"Oh my God! What are you doing here so early?" She asked putting the tray down on his desk and sitting down on one of the chairs.

"I decided to come in early," he said nonchalantly as he looked at the food she brought him. It had his favorites: scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon, hash browns, and breakfast sausages with a glass of orange juice. "You didn't have to bring this." He looked up at her and she was taking her jacket off and laying it on the back of her chair.

"You say that everyday and I will always bring you your breakfast because everyday you eat it," Macy answered matter-of-factly and stood up. "If you need anything else, I will be at my desk." She grabbed her jacket and stalked out of his office as Colton smirked at her. He pulled the tray closer to him and began to eat the food. He was always happy to have the tray on his desk every morning, even if he had eaten that morning he always ate the breakfast she brought him.

"I hear you actually filed for divorce and Colton signed the papers," Giovanna said before she even shut the front door. Kayla rolled her eyes; she couldn't believe how fast news traveled in this family.

"Yes. It was a while ago and I burnt the pages. We are not getting divorced," she said sternly.

"So you've finally forgiven him for the affair he never had?" She asked slyly smiling at Kayla. Giovanna joined Kayla in the kitchen. "It's been five years since the accusations. If he was going to have an affair it would have happened already." Kayla sat down at the table across from Giovanna and just stared at her.

"How do you and Sebastian make it work?" Kayla asked confused. Giovanna was so conceded and rude, how did they stay married for so long?

"We are essentially the same. He is as arrogant and mean as I am, which helps out. Plus we have a lot of sex," she said shrugging her shoulders and pulling out her phone. Kayla giggled to herself and nodded, Sebastian was a lot like Giovanna. "You guys just need to have more sex and fight less." Kayla rolled her eyes, relationship advice from Giovanna. But then again she was the one in a strong marriage while her marriage was falling apart.

"Thanks for that G," Kayla said. Giovanna smiled at her and they sat there for a little while.

"Oh and my advice about Charlotte and her modeling is to let her do it. If you don't she will run off like I did," she explained.

"Colton wants her to go to school and get an education," Kayla said. She wanted Charlotte to model, but Colton was adamant about her getting a college education, which Kayla understood.

"Education will always be there, modeling will not," Giovanna said. "Here I got her an agent and a contract from my modeling agency. I showed them her pictures and they really want her. All she has to do is sign it and she has a contract." Giovanna pulled out all the papers and passed them to Kayla. She took them and read them over.