Chapter 21

I explained everything that happened that day. Jessica and Sahar's eyes where as wide as the moon once I had finished.

"You should tell'em at that dance. It's tomorrow," Sahar suggested.

"That’s a good idea but I don't have a dress," I replied, sighing.

"I bought two. You can wear the other," Jessica suggested.

"You don-"

"I insist," Jessica snapped, cutting me off. I sighed and nodded.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Hey, that's what besties are for," Jessica replied, smiling.

***

Friday slowly rolled along. I was asleep on Jessica's couch. The sounds of high pitch screams woke me up. I groaned and sat up. Jessica's brother most of woke her up. I marched up stairs and went directly to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I also combed the matted mess called my hair.

Afterwards I walked to Jessica's room.

"Yeah! Oh, she's coming. I'll call you back!" Jessica mumbled as I opened her door. I raised an eyebrow and sat on her bed.

"Can I borrow something today?" I asked.

"Sure," Jessica said as she tossed me random clothing. I changed quickly before following her out the door.

***

"Thanks for not calling me back last night. You had me worried SICK!" Derek snapped as soon as he saw me.

"What are you? My wife?" I asked jokingly. I had heard that from some show and repeated it for some freakish reason.

"Hell to the yeah! We've been married since birth!" Derek exclaimed.

"Where's my ring?" I asked, playing along.

"I sold it for beer," Derek replied simply.

"DEREK!" I explained.

"MADDY!" Derek mocked in a high pitch voice. I punched his arm. "You hit like a marshmallow."

"Marshmallows don't hit...?" I replied. Derek leaned in closer to me and bite my neck. "DEREK!"

"And you don’t taste like a marshmallow. Damn," Derek replied. I rolled my eyes as the bell rung.

"I'll see you later," I said.

"No if I see you first," Derek shot back. I rolled my eyes before practically running to homeroom.

~A short and simple chapter. Whatcha guys think? Song on the side reminds me of Maddy and Derek's relationship... xP ~