Chapter 3

Once I had arrived home from school, a rusty white Chevy was in the drive way. At the front door was Derek, texting someone with a cigarette in his mouth. I walked up to Derek and punched his arm.

"Hello to you too," Derek said.

"I thought you quit smoking! Derek, do you know what that's doing to your lungs?!" I asked.

"I quit for a year," Derek said. I crossed my arms and frowned.

"Where's the movie?" I asked changing the topic. Derek reached into his back pocket and pulled out up. I let out a high squeal as I snatched the movie out his hands and tossed him my keys. He opened my front door and walked inside. I followed him inside. Like every Friday, I flopped down on the couch after inserting the movie as Derek warmed up popcorn.

"We're watching Wall-e after this," I said. Derek groaned.

"What's wrong with you and Disney movies!? You cry at the end of ALL OF THEM," Derek exclaimed.

"Shhhh! It's starting," I said, throwing a pillow in his direction. By me knowing Derek, he probably caught it with one hand. I squealed as the movie started as Derek threw the pillow back at me, which hit me in the back of my head. I glared at him and turned the movie Up as loud as it could go.

"I thought listening to loud things damage your eye drums," Derek teased as he sat the popcorn on the coffee table. I stuck my tongue at him and continued watching the movie.

***

"Why are your crying? Wall-e doesn't have a sad ending nor does Up," Derek asked.

"I-i-i-it's so touching!" I exclaimed, whipping my tears.

"Yeah. Sure. Okay," Derek said rolling his eyes.

"You're a j-j-jerk you know," I said. Derek looked at me raising an eyebrow. "Here I am, crying my eyes out and you're making fun of me!"

"You of all people should know I am horrible at making people feel better," Derek said. I shrugged and blow my nose.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked. Derek glance at his watch then turned to me with a smile on his face.

"We're going out. Get dressed," Derek said. I frowned.

"I'm already dressed," I said. Derek examined my outfit before frowning.

"Put on something else," Derek said. I frown. What's wrong with my outfit? I was just wearing a casual tee shirt and some comfortable jeans.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere. Just wear the hottest thing you own," Derek said. I stared at him in shock before going upstairs. I put on black skinny jeans, a plain red shirt and a black vest. I put on my black and white converse and walked downstairs to see Derek rubbing my cat, Lola.

"Ready?" I asked Derek. He snapped his head up and nodded. We walked to his car in silence until I asked, "Where are we going?"

Derek waited until I was inside his car and he was driving away before answering me, "Liquor store then a party,"

"WHAT!? NO! We're too young to drink!" I exclaimed.

"We're 18. Jeez," Derek said.

"B-b-but-"

"Shut it Missy. You need some adventure in your life," Derek said.

"No I don't!" I protested.

"You know I love you and wouldn't do anything to hurt you. Just, try it. Getting drunk won't hurt anyone... Possibly," Derek said.