Contest Entry #1

Alright so a very long time ago I had an account on (what was then called the-n.com) teennick.com, and occasionally they had writing contests in their forums. Being the competitive monster my dad made me into, I spent 99% of my time submitting stories into these contests. I'm also in the sharing mood. 

BTW, I have not touched this since I wrote it uh, about 5 years ago? Keep in mind, I was 16 at the time. 16 year old Kayylen was not a great writer, in my opinion. LOLS. 

Without further ado!

***

Cassie's Contest ~Challenge Numero Uno -- Fiction

I walked closer to the curtain, the curtain that held the shape of a human body. The curves indicated that they were female. I kept walking slowly, taking one step at a time, as I reached closer to the curtain. I realized I was now tip-toeing, trying not to scare this woman away. Something about the way the curtain covered everything...but her feet, made me curious. Her toe nails were painted a dark red. As if she knew I was staring at her feet, she pulled them under the curtain like the rest of her body.

When I was within reach of the curtain, I debated on to whether to open with force, or slowly. I decided—slowly.

As I uncovered the curtain from her delicate body, I saw everything, from her dark red toes to her light brown hair that hung off of two lazy braids. Everything was clear, but her actual face. Her eyes, lips, nose, mouth, were all covered by a dark shadow.

I lightly touched her cheek, trying to feel past the sinister shadow, but I felt nothing. She laid her hand on top of mine, holding it, overlapping our fingers—perfectly. She almost took a step forward, about to let me know her identity, only...I was awoken.

"He wears no pants! He wears no pants!" My father sang in my ear off pitch, strumming my useless guitar horribly.

"God, dad; I was just about to find out who the girl was! Thanks." I said sarcastically as I pushed my father off of my bed from which he woke me up.

"Son, it's 12 o' clock in the afternoon. Do you want to sleep your day away?" He asked as he put my dusty guitar under my bed.

"You know what James Dean said, 'Dream as if you'll live forever'." I gave him a sly smile.

"He didn't mean to dream as in slumber. He meant dream as in wishes, and accomplishments. If you're going to quote an actor, get the meaning correct first." My father patted my leg, laughing. I thought I was smart to quote a famous actor, but my dad just crushed that thought.

I groaned loudly into my pillow, trying to muffle the noise. Why couldn't dad just wake me up 5 seconds later, then I'd know who the beauty was behind that shadow?

THE NEXT NIGHT

I walked one step closer to her figure behind the curtain. I lightly shoved the curtain to the side, spotting her face still hidden by a shadow. I took her hand slowly, intertwined her fingers with mine. I wanted to see her face this one time before I woke up, so I pulled her to me. It was none other than my dear friend from grade school, Gina. My mouth fell into an "O" shape. I haven't seen Gina since grade 4, when she left school. She completely disappeared, like she never existed. But, I always knew she did.

She had my heart the first time I asked to borrow her crayons. Sure, you could say this was puppy love, but it was still love; in some shape or form.

I looked Gina up and down, she has changed so much. She grew out her short dark brown (almost black) hair, to where it reached her waist. Her freckles were still intact, but not as many as grade school. I still wanted to kiss every freckle on her petite nose.

"Gina?" I questioned, wanting it to be her.

She nods, and I pull her in for a hug. We hold each other tight for a few seconds, and then we pull away. Our eyes lock like one of those cheesy chick flicks where the couple has their 'first kiss' and they fall in love at the touch of their lips against each other's.

Instead, she slid a folded piece of paper into my jean pocket, then disappeared as she backed away, blowing me a kiss goodbye. I stared in 'awe', no matter how older she gets she'll always be my first love.

I soon snap out of my trance, taking out the piece of paper out my jean pocket, unfolding it.

It read; '...I live in a crayon box, Jordan. A box. Every night, I get hurt. Physically and emotionally. By who? I don't know. I don't want to know. Just, save me. Please. xx~Gina.

I furrowed my brow, contemplating what Gina meant about her living in a box, and getting hurt, and saving? The more I thought about it the more confused I'd get. So I place the folded paper back into the safety of my jeans. Then, walk towards the curtain, and brush my finger tips at where Gina once was.

Cold water splashes all over my body. I groan as I realize, my father woke me up. But I smile a bit inside, glad I solved the mystery.

"Bright day, sun shine," My father messed up my hair as he walked out of my room carrying the empty bucket that he used to pour extremely icy water on me.

I laughed to myself at my father's way of waking me up.

I slowly got up to sit on my bed to stretch, when I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of my jean pocket. I brought the paper out, and read it. It was Gina's note.

Confused, I continued to get ready for school. I thought I solved the mystery, little did I know the mystery only begun.

***

She gave me a 49/50, how gracious :') 

Hope yall like it!