Prolouge

The dark clouds loomed over Gotham in a hazy fog, reflecting the city perfectly. Loud sirens rang through the air along with the never-ending sound of vehicles as people raced to get home. After all, their was one absolute rule in the crime ridden city; Never go out alone at night. That is, unless you can protect yourself, are a criminal, or a certain Dynamic Duo.
As the sun seemed to be setting, (with the dark clouds, most normal people couldn't even tell where the sun was, but the people of Gotham were used to their gloomy city) more and more people disappeared from the streets.
And then, when the moon was faintly visible in the sky, the streets were almost deserted. Apart from the people who had to work night shifts. Those were always the ones they had to worry about.
The lights from the street lamps and buildings seemed to fill the dark city with life. At least to those who didn't know what city were looking at. But there was one building in particular that always caught every passerbys attention.
On top of one of the tallest buildings in the city were giant letters that blazed a dazzling white light. The word 'Wayne' overlooked the city as if it was a protector, and in some ways, that was true.
But what most people missed were the two shadows that sat atop of the white letters, watching over their city of crime.
One was big and burly, with a large cape fluttering behind it. The other had a small frame but was similar to the previous, and was almost dwarfed by the shadow next to him. Some would say he looked like a kid. And those people would not be wrong.
The Duo sat perched upon the sign for a long time, waiting for something to sound in their communicators.
"Why is tonight so quiet? Usually by now there's at least some petty burglar trying to rob a bank or something." the smaller figure exclaimed, but only earned a glance from the man next to him.
"And it's good that we haven't heard anything yet." the man simply stated in a gravely voice. The small shadow beside him groaned and leaned back on the letter 'N' that he was perched upon.
"Yeah, I guess. But I was kinda hoping to get some action tonight. Let's just say school hasn't been treating me well the past few days." The boys voice was on the verge of a pout, which made the shadow next to him force back a smirk. But the shadow of a smirk quickly disappeared when he heard about his wards school troubles.
"Be patient Robin. Knowing Gotham, this is just the calm before the storm."
Then, as if on que, both of their communicators alerted them of people who were trying to break into the Museum.
The smaller shadow, Robin, smiled in delight.
"Finally." he mumbled, gracefully jumping down and onto the roof of the building, his mentor right behind him.
"C'mon! Let's go show them the power of Batman and Robin!" Robin exclaimed as he ran towards the edge of the building, grabbing his grappling hook from the utility belt he carried. Batman followed his lead, unable to hide his smirk at his young protègè.
    Without another word, they both shot their grapples to a nearby building, making their way to the Museum, on a mission to protect their beloved city. No matter the cost. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're going to pay for this Bird brain! You here me!" Artemis exclaimed through the mountain as she held up a bright purple version of her suit.
    Kaldur, who was sitting on the couch reading, only gave Artemis a questionable glance as the Atlantian returned to his book.
    The young archer growled as the familiar cackle of a certain bird rang through the rafters, making it impossible to figure out where he was.
    Then, beside Artemis, a fast breeze pasted by, and before she knew it, her suit was ripped from her hands and a red headed, freckle-faced boy was infront of her. He took one look at the suit and burst out laughing, dropping the purple suit to the floor.
    "Wow, nice one Rob! I wish I would have done it!" he exclaimed, earning another cackle from the rafters.
    The blonde huffed and grabbed her suit off of the floor.
    "Shut it Wally!" she yelled in Wally's face, and making the ginger laugh harder.
Wally wiped away his tears, and was still slightly giggling as Artemis stomped back to her room. There was a loud grunt of irritation, then her door could be heard slamming shut.
And as soon as it was closed, Wally noticed the new presence that was beside him, giggling just as he was.
"Why'd you have to leave me out of that Rob!?" Wally pouted playfully as he turned towards the giggling boy next to him and pushed him lightly in the shoulder.
"If I let you in on it then you would have revealed it way too soon. And I wanted her to take her sweet time figuring it out." Robin, who had stopped giggling, shrugged nonchalantly as if he didn't just anger the archer.
"Wait, when did you dye it?" Wally asked him.
Robin gave him a wicked and mysterious smirk in return.
"Over three weeks ago."
Wally just gaped at him as he made his way to the Zeta tubes. Then he ran back up to the ebony haired boy.
"Dude, how did you keep that hidden for three weeks?!" the speedster asked amazed.
Robin just gave him another smirk.
"A bat never reveals his secrets." was all that he said before the Zeta beam activated, and he disappeared in the flash of light.
"Why was Artemis shouting? I could feel her anger." Wally and Kaldur both looked toward the garage, where Superboy and Miss Martian were emerging from.
     "Ask KF. He was the one complaining that he wasn't the cause of her anger." Kaldur calmly explained, taking his eyes off of the pages of his book.
    "That's a first." Superboy mumbled, more so grunted, as he passed Wally and went to the kitchen and began to wash grease off of his hands.
    "Hey, I don't make her mad all the time!" Wally retaliated.
"Yes you do." was the immediate reply from all of the three teams. Wally finally sighed in defeat.
"Rob dyed Blondie's suit purple three weeks ago and she just found out about it."
In response, Superboy just grunted and rolled his eyes. M'gann giggled, but whether it was directed to Robins antics or the clones reaction, the rest of the team weren't sure.
"Well, I hope Artemis will be able to get the dye out." M'gann said sweetly as she flew towards her room. Wally scoffed.
"Doubt it. Knowing the Boy Blunder, he would have used permenant dye." After saying this, Wally turned into a blur and was next seen sitting on the couch with a bag of chips and the TV remote in his hand.
Wally turned on the TV, and the team went back to doing their own thing, Robins prank still fresh in their mind.
Especially Artemis's. As shown by the occasional cuss as she hopelessly scrubbed at her suit, trying to get the purple out. In the end, it was not worth the trouble.