3.5

Luke didn't come back.

He left Bella alone all night, causing her to feel even more upset than she already was and cry herself to sleep. Come morning, she was tired and upset. Ashton tried everything to get her to eat, drink, but Bella pushed it all away. All she wanted was Luke, but at this rate, she believed he wouldn't be back any time soon. Her emotions were clouding her judgment, and Ashton felt ready to snap at any moment.

"Bella," Ashton huffed. He sat on the edge of the bed, arms crossed over his chest. "You have to eat something."

"No." She replied, flatly.

"Fine. I didn't want it to have to come to this but fine! If you don't eat, they won't do the operation." Bella slowly turned her head to look at him. "Those lungs will go to someone else, and you'll be back at square one, waiting for a match! Do you really want that Bella? Huh? What happens if you don't make it that long and you actually die?"

"Ashton stop." She cried.

"No, because you need to hear this. If you're not well for tomorrow, they can't operate. How do you think Luke will feel? Huh? If you just gave that all away?"

"He won't care!" She yelled.

"Yes he would!" Ashton yelled back. "He loves you Bella!"

"Well he's being a jerk." She sobbed. She wiped away her tears. "He's made because I'm being realistic!" Ashton's expression became confused. He moved closer to her on the bed.

"What do you mean?"

"He's mad because I was only looking g at the negatives of tomorrow's surgery, but I couldn't help it. I'm scared Ashton. And he's mad because he doesn't think I'm happy with life but I am, I just- I know that there are good things to come but the thoughts are just there. And you yelled at me doesn't help either!" Ashton immediately felt guilty.

"I'm sorry." He replied, giving her a hug. "I didn't know."

"It's fine." She replied. Ashton sighed.

"You still need to eat Bella. I don't want you to just loose everything." Bella sighed. "How about this. You eat, and I'll talk to Luke." He bargained.

"Okay." She mumbled.

"That's my girl."

Luke stared up at his ceiling and sighed. He hadn't gone to the hospital all day and currently he was feeling a little guilty. He knew he shouldn't have just stormed out on Bella like that, but he was angry and needed to calm down. He knew she was probably angry with him, and didn't blame her.

There was a soft knock on his door followed by his mother's voice. "Luke," she said. "You have a visitor." He sat up in his bed.

"Who?" He asked.

"A boy. He said he's a friend of yours?" Tall, dirty blonde with curly hair."

Ashton.

"I'll be right down." Luke said. He threw on a shirt and waited until his mother was gone before leaving his room and headed downstairs.

Ashton stood in the living room, arms crossed, and a stern expression on his face. Luke swallowed, knowing that Ashton was probably about to yell at him. "Hey Ashton," Luke said, cautiously. "What brings you here?"

"Don't play dumb Luke," Ashton said. "You know damn why I'm here." The blonde not sighed.

"Bella." He said.

"Yes. Bella, your girlfriend. The one who decided not to eat all day because someone decided to get mad."

"She hasn't eaten?" Luke asked.