1

I woke up slowly, and I was little disappointed. My leg was still bleeding and my head pounded enough to make my vision blurry. I sat up and looked around. Grant was eating by a fire and Hayden was showing Baylee how to whittle.

"Haden.." I hushly called out.

"Ophelia! Um,..don't try to talk!" he said jumping up, offering me water. I fainted back into oblivion. My head spun around a detail of my life so minor i thought I had blocked out the idea.

"Come on." I urged. My hand tugged at his pant button. He didn't say anything so I undid his pants then slid my hand in.

He pushed me away him then hurried to button his pants. Embarrassed, I rolled over. I covered my face with my hands.

"I thought you had this no touching policy," he said.

I licked my lips then let my elbows drop, but not my hands yet. "I'm trying," I pushed myself to say.

"I don't know what to say to that," He said after a few moments of lingering silence between us.
"What do you mean?"
"You aren't trying very hard," he said. He rolled over then sat up. He kicked his legs over his bed and sat on the edge. I sat on the other side. I put my hands on his comforter. I rubbed my fingers over the fabric.

"What do you want from me? I have forgiven you for cheating on me. I do not go into full panic mode when we make out anymore. I-I'm..I'm starting to trust you again. Then you say stuff like that."

"I don't know why you can't just be fucking normal."

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't sign up for the crazy."
"The crazy wasn't there when you first came around."
"You're seriously blaming me for your problems?"

"Maybe I am."
"You're just trying to piss me off."

"Yeah, I would appreciate some emotion every once in awhile."

"You don't know emotion."

"If you give me the bullshit about my parents one more time," I growled.

"It's made you weak."

I laughed then said, "I am fine. You are the one afraid to lose me."

"I don't need you."

"Don't lie," I whispered.

He turned around then pulled me to him. He put my head in his lap then he said, "I hate that..about you. How you can just be yourself, you know fucking mindblowing and amazing,.." He took a deep breathe, "and I love you for it. But I also hate that I'm destroying you. I think that your parents thought they built you up..to be some war machine..but in reality, you're weaker than anybody else."

I shrugged then said, "I really hate how you think you have me figured out. But really, you never stopped and tried to get to know me."
"Oh, I know you."
I giggled then said, "Listen, I'm tired. I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of you trying to get us to fight. But also, I'm super tired because I stayed up all night crying. You want to know why?"

"Oh, please tell me," He sarcastically roared.

"I got a full ride to that university I got accepted into. And..for the first time I felt like, maybe things are going to be alright."

"Wow, didn't know you had that you in."

"Okayyy,...that was a bit uncalled for."

"Well, what do you expect? You could barely pass Algebra 2."