eight || nightmares

“Ellie, please I’m sure we can work this out – please just listen to me!”

Zayn’s hand remained on the blonde haired girl’s frail wrist, gripping it firmly but he was careful not to hurt her – he never wanted to hurt the beautiful girl in front of him. He watched as her unlimited stream of tears blended in with the harsh raindrops pouring from the darkened sky. The only way he could decipher her tears were by the murky black mascara running down her face.

Ellie had an utterly broken look twisting her features, like what she had already said wasn’t ripping Zayn apart, bit by painful bit. She shook her head fiercely, like she was trying to convince herself more than the vulnerable boy in front of her. She began tugging her wrist out of Zayn’s grip, the wetness of the rain making it easier to finish the task. She watched as his hand fell limply by his side, like he had already given up. Ellie took a shaky breath to hopefully stop her flow of tears, before running a hand through her sopping wet hair.

“I… I can’t do this anymore Zayn… It’s just – I’ve found someone else, who can provide for me – for all my needs. I’ve found someone who I can have a stable relationship with, that’s the difference between you and him.”

Ellie’s eyes had stopped pouring waterfalls and now it was Zayn who was trying to hold his tears back. Now he knew why she was leaving him – she had found someone better, someone who had more than a flimsy one room apartment. So he stood there, in the relentless rain, and slowly lowered his suddenly heavy head to look at his tattered black boots while burying his numb hands into the deep confines of his thin jacket’s pockets. He decided that he really hated rain.

“I guess you’re right, huh. The amount of money you have is more important than the amount of love someone has for you.”

Zayn was surprised he could even speak, because surely the pain of his heart breaking was enough for him to fall to the ground and writhe in pain. But he didn’t do that just yet. He kept his head down as Ellie’s guilt ridden voice reached his ears.

“I’m sorry Zayn, I really am.”

And with that, he clenched his eyes shut as the sound of receding footsteps thumped through his ears. Suddenly, he looked up and opened his mouth for one last sentence.

“Ellie!”

Her retreating figure stopped and stilled for a moment, before she slowly turned around.

“I’ll always love you no matter what, remember tha-”

But his words melted faster than snow under the sun as he saw who was looking at him. It wasn’t Ellie, with her light blonde hair and big blue eyes.

It was Aella.

Zayn woke up with a start. He sat up in his bed taking in deep breaths to calm himself. His bare chest was sticky with sweat and his feet were tangled among his sheets in a complicated way. Zayn was sure that if anyone was in his room at the moment, they would surely be able to hear his undoubtedly loud and thumping heart.

Most of the dream was real, it had happened in reality not that long ago and he was having the reoccurring dream – or more precise – nightmare for a countless number of weeks. But there was something new this time. The nightmare would always end with him professing his irrevocable and undying love for Ellie, but this time it was different.

This time it had Aella in it.

~

I'M BACK BITCHEZ

Sooo, that's why Zayn doesn't like rain, huh

Gah i wanted to update becuase it's Zayn's birthday today (HAPPY 21ST ZAYNIE) and provide this as a sort of dedication to him, but i didn't want to make it SAD

If any of you are sad because of a sad Zayn, just look at the gif on the side and everything will be okay again :)

Annnnd, I've started one of my other stories 'city lights' and I would greatly appreciate it if you guys took the time to check it out.

Till next time, bye bye lovely readers! xxx