two || speak

The rain; it was magnificent.

She loved rain. The sound of rain, the shape of rain, and mostly, the smell of rain. That was probably why she had walked outside on that particular day. She had seen tiny raindrops fall from the clouded sky when she was lounging in her flat, so she had decided to take a leisurely stroll outside, with millions of raindrops for company.

She had walked from her flat to the cute little diner she was quite fond of, placidly ignoring the puzzled and judging glances that were thrown her way, most probably from the lack of an umbrella. She was used to the looks by now, so it was rather easy for her to fully ignore them; while they were all hiding and cowering from one of Mother Nature’s gifts, she was embracing it. Besides, she could hardly feel the goose bumps forming on her skin.

At the moment, she was waiting on her order for warm tea, while reading one of her favorite books. She pulled her sopping wet coat tighter around her body before turning the page. While she read, the entrancing smell of fresh rain filled her nostrils, and it brought her a sense of tranquility that was rare in the overly hectic and demanding world she lived in.

After a few minutes, she heard someone shuffling around, and it sounded rather close to her. Nevertheless, she decided to continue reading her book, rather than removing her attention from it to look at someone who was seemingly ordinary and far less interesting. But when an incessant tapping started on the table she was sitting at, the now frustrated girl had to look up, if only to tell the menace to stop.

Her dark grey eyes met another pair of eyes from across the wooden table. The colour of those eyes was like thick and gooey caramel, freshly made. Without thinking, she found herself leaning forward to catch a better look at the utterly anomalous eyes. But the sound of someone quickly clearing their throat snapped her out of her trance like state. She blinked slowly, trying to decipher just what had caused that type of reaction to occur from her.

Finally finding her sane state of mind, the girl leaned back in her chair, instantly feeling embarrassed– but she was careful not to show it. She blinked once more before sucking in her bottom lip, allowing her gaze to run over the stranger’s features; the stranger who had a particularly entrancing pair of eyes. Tousled dark hair, olive skin, and chiseled features. She noticed a slight smirk playing on his pink lips. Her eyes cast lower and as she studied his long and slender fingers, she realized he was the one tapping annoyingly on the hard wood table. Not wasting any time, the girl spoke.

“Please stop that.”

She watched as his smirk only became wider and more prominent on his face, but his fingers failed to cease their movement. He watched as she set her cherry tinted lips into a thin line, which made something flip inside of him. Little did she know, he was also studying her every detail very intently. Her long hair was the colour of a raven’s dark feathers – he noticed it was very close to his hair colour, but maybe that was because her hair was completely saturated from the heavy downpour. Long, dark lashes framed and guarded her shadowy grey eyes, while her lips where slightly plump and her nose had a hardly distinguishable curve to it.

After a few moments of watching the girl’s face contort into colossal annoyance, he finally decided to stop. As his fingers halted their erratic movement, the atmosphere settled into one of loud silence. The two only watched each other from the hoods of their eyelids, wary to be the first to speak. When the lengthy minutes of silence stretched on, the girl was just about to trail her eyes back to the page she was previously reading. But she was stopped by his low voice.

“Sorry lovely, you must think I’m rude to not have introduced myself already.  Let’s just make a new start.”

She thought he was rude, alright, but for completely different reasons. She only watched on as his sly smirk surprisingly turned into a nice, genuine smile; she decided that it looked good on him. He licked his bottom lip once, before leaning forward and offering the raven haired girl one of his callused hands.

"I'm Zayn."

Her grey eyes trailed down to Zayn’s hand, one that failed to tremble or shake under her hard gaze. She looked back up at the boy; all of the cockiness was gone from his features, he just looked like a friendly guy who wanted to start a conversation. So finally, she took his hand in her own. Zayn’s hand was comparatively larger in size with hers’, and was also quite warm, so she didn’t mind the feeling.

No, an obvious buzz didn’t travel up their arms, nor did the feeling of finding one’s soul mate encircle the two. But they had to admit, something happened – they just couldn’t put a name on it.

For the first time that day, the girl smiled. And it was absolutely beautiful in Zayn’s eyes. A single dimple was evident on the right side of her face, while her usually dark grey eyes became two shades lighter and held a slight sparkle. All in all, he thought she was the most beautiful person he had ever seen, even though that sounded rather cheesy. After a moment, she spoke with her voice tinged in an unusual bliss.

“I’m Aella.”

~

So whadya think of the second chapter?

Also, I can't thank you guys enough for all the amazing and wonderful and fantastic feedback, it all brings a huge smile to my face :) X

This chapter is dedicated to @xBeautyRisesx for her lovely comment in the previous chapter

and guess whAT? I SAW THE BOYS IN CONCERT LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS AMAZING AND OMFG HOLY MOLY I JUST