08

scarlett's pov

It has been three days since I last saw Calum. Possibly because I've been out sick with multiple migraines in a row; it's never ending. I moped around the house, waiting for dad or Violet to get home, during the day I just watch re-runs of older shows that I have no interest in. I mostly sleep instead of watching the television. All homework was put aside; it is too much and boring. "Honey, I'm home!" A voice rang through the house, it was probably Violet doing her awful man impression for her drama class. It has improved.

"Vi, my head hurts shut u-" I rounded the corner with my hands on my temples, "nice to see you, Calum." I walked back into the lounge room, he followed close behind me.

"You've missed a lot at school." He stated, fumbling with an envelope he had in his hands, I eyed it and eyed him, he caught my stare and smiled.

"I got into Stanford, they're letting me play soccer there!" He jumped around the couch, and ran into the kitchen then back to the lounge room. "Scar, do you know how long I've been dreaming about this?!" he twirled around the couches and fell onto the cushion right next to mine.

"Yes Calum, I'm trying to watch the television so if you don't mind please shut up." I snapped, we had a plan to go to school together.

"Well then I guess you don't want to hear about your scholarships then." He smirked, holding another envelope in his hand. "Oh, I brought Mila, Mr. Bircham said we had to hang out with her today. He told us that we've moved further into the unit so we're spending. the night at each other's house for the weekend. I vote your house, your room is cool." he smiles, I don't even think he took a breath in that whole miniature speech.

"Firstly, give me the envelope. Secondly, we're not doing it at my house because Violet and Ashton are probably going to sleep here. AI vote for your place, it's cute and cozy." I smiled at him, ripping the package out of his arms.

I opened it eagerly, cutting my finger on the corners a few times. I pulled out three papers, there is one from NYU, Stanford, and Princeton. My lips curved into a smile, reading all of the acceptance letters and scholarship awards I received. I read over one of them, my mouth flying open, "Cal, this one is for both of us.." I pointed to the paper with both of our names on it.

"Really?" He smiled and sat next to me on the couch, wrapping his hands around my waist and snuggling into me. I opened it and pulled it out, it was for NYU,

Dear Mr. Calum Hood and Ms. Scarlett Dawson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into NYU on a full scholarship of musical arts.
Classes start August fourteenth of this year, 2013.

Please get back to us before 07.07.13. We cannot wait to see you both in the musical arts program if you join us.

-NYU Board of Education and NYU Board of Musical Arts.

I sat on the couch, my mouth hanging open, and Calum smiling from ear to ear. "We got in! We got into three amazing schools Calum!" I jumped off the couch and ran around the house screaming in excitement. Everyone dreams about getting accepted into college when they're little, or where they'll go. Just like how girls plan their weddings. "I could kiss you right now I'm so happy!" I screamed running in front of him jumping around.

"I'm not stopping you." He smirked looking at my lips then back at my eyes.

"Sorry lover boy, not happening. You should probably go now. Dad and Vi are going to be home soon." I pushed him to the door, my arms started to get burning sensations in the elbow area, "Cal my a-" I was cut off by Calum falling backwards onto me, "Calum! Get your fat ass up! You're crushing me!" I shouted at him, he didn't move. I pushed him off of me, crawling overto him, pushing loose strands of my hair behind my ear, "Calum.." My voice was quiet, I started to panic, my hands started to skae, my heart sped up. "Calum.. Please." I muttuered, leaning over his body, His chest wasn't rising or falling, he had a faint pulse.