The Yellow Piggy Figurine (Part I)

I happily burst in the Empire House, startling my favorite receptionist ever.

'Mr Linton!' he exclaimed.

'Good morning, Sallow-' I bit my tongue. It surely wouldn't be polite to call our dear Mr Pearson Sallow-face now, would it? I cleared my throat then spoke louder than usual, 'Greetings, Sallow-face!'

Like I care about being polite.

'What'd you-' he began. But I cut him off by bowing and saying, 'Farewell, Sallow-face!' I tipped my hat and hurriedly ran to my oh-so-warmhearted dearest employer's office.

I was in a happy mood today, strangely enough, it was also Monday. And I never had a good mood during Mondays!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you kissed Mr Ambrose last night...

What?

...during Christmas...

I didn't-

...in his office...

It has nothing-

...under a mistletoe.

Bah! His stupid kiss has nothing to do with my positive emotions today. My happiness was probably caused by the fact that two of my unwelcomed suitors are no longer interested in me.

Or maybe because of the gift he gave you.

Gift? What gif- Oh! His present. The yellow figurine of a dancing piggy with the quote underneath saying "In memory of a memorable night".

Or in other words, in memory of your first kiss.

I shook my head and ignored my blasted inner voice which was making my blissful day turn sour and my face red as a tomato.

I almost collapsed when I reached my oh-so-warmhearted employer's floor.

'Good morning, Mr Linton', Stone stated, 'Mr Ambrose told me to inform you that he's expecting you'

'Well, he should, cause if he doesn't expect me then that would mean I don't work here anymore' I muttered.

Stone stared at me like I had grown a second head, 'Mr Linton...'

'Never mind! Good morning, Mr Stone. I will go to Mr Ambrose's office now, thank you!' I said, louder than necessary as I skipped towards Mr Ambrose's door. I gripped the door knob and turned it... only to find it locked.

'I thought he was expecting me, Mr Stone?'

He quirked up from his desk, 'Hm? He is, Mr Linton.'

'Then why is his door locked?'

'I wouldn't know, Mr Linton, besides there is another do-'

'Of course! Thank you, Mr Stone. Take care now', I entered my office and went straight towards my oh-so-warmhearted employer's door.

I opened the door with more force than was needed, as a result the door smashed against the wall and I skipped inside.

'Why, hello there, dearer than the dearest Mr Ambrose!'

There he sat, behind his desk with a file beneath his fingers. His eyes bored onto me like I had not just grown a second head, but a third and a fourth one as well.

With a movement so slow, his lips parted and sound started coming out of his throat, 'Did you take opium, Mr Linton?'

'Opium? Oh, nononono, no.' I waved my hands in front of me defensively to give more emphasis.