Chapter 2

*Blake's POV*

We were driving to the last pack. If she wasn't here... I don't want to think about it. We were in their long-ass driveway, speeding to the house.

When we finally came upon the house, I saw people looking out the windows, but only one person caught my eye. She was in the attic window, sleeping in a ball. She was gorgeous. She was...my mate. I had finally found her! After twenty years! She was there!

I smiled as I walked into the house. I had never really smiled but now I have.

I walked up the stairs, hopefully going in the right direction, when a strong smell of blood hit me. I furrowed my eyebrows, picking up my pace to get to her. I passed rooms, hallways, and a lot of people.

I reached the door and turned the nob. The door was locked. The smell of blood was very, very, very strong, I was starting to get worried. I slammed the door on the floor and saw my mate, in a ball on the windowsill.
"Mate." I said. She didn't respond. I rushed to her, and froze at what I saw.

She was an angel. Her face was perfectly formed, her hair was perfectly waved, and the prettiest shade of brown.

But I looked at what she was holding and my heart broke. It was a picture but that wasn't what made my frown. Her arms. They were sliced up and cut all over. She was bleeding really bad... She tried to kill herself. A tear fell down my face.

Normally I wasn't one to let out any emotion, but this was my mate. I yelled for a doctor. Not a second later, a doctor ran in with a medical kit.
"Ally, why did you do this? Why now?" He whispered, holding her hand. I growled.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to step outside. P!ease, for her sakes, you cannot see what will happen, she wouldn't want you to." He said looking at her face.

I slowly trudged out of the room. I sat down at the door.

***

*Ally's POV*

"When is she going to be up?" A deep voice asked. His voice was like silk, I would pay to hear it all day.

"I'm not sure yet..." A familiar voice responded. A door was shut and footsteps neared.

"Hey princess. I don't know if you can hear me... But I really need you to open your eyes... Fight the darkness... Please... For me?" The mystery man said.

I smelled his minty breath on my neck and then I felt lips on my neck, where my mark should go. Tingles erupted throughout my body, but most strongly on my neck.

I pushed the dark spots out of my eyes and noticed I was in a hospital room. I looked around. A few paintings here and there, a book stand in the corner of the room.

My eyes looked to my left and saw the mystery man, sitting beside my bed, hands on his face.

Then I realized... It hadn't worked, I was still here... I was alive. I sighted. His gaze shot up to look at me.

"Mate..." He whispered. My eyes widened.

Mate?!