Nico di Angelo x Reader (Dancing in the Rain)

Nico's POV

It sucked. All of it, travelling almost aimlessly, constantly wandering alone. The only contact with other people that I ever had was when I was staying at camp, and even then I was always alone. I hated it, keeping up this facade. Nobody knew the pain, how I longed to be someone's first option... it sucked.

I continued to walk around camp, undirected and unfocused, in the middle of the night. It was eerily quiet, most would've thought it was slightly spooky, however I enjoyed the scene of the camp when it was silent, nobody around.

I continued to walk around camp, following the line of trees, bordering the forest, continuing on along the beach, watching as the moonlight reflected off of the completely calm and still water, and wandering up towards the cabins.

I stopped and stood at the top of the hill that led down towards the cabins, stuffing my hands in my jacket pockets and pulling the piece of clothing closer against my skin. It was brisk out, however I found the cold to make me feel quite comfortably numb, Whenever this happened I had the overwhelming sense that I was all of a sudden invincible to the world's elements... If only it were even slightly true.

And just like that, standing atop the hill leading from the beach to the cabins it began to rain, lightly at first, making me think that I could remain out in the open, however it began to come down harder in a matter seconds. After looking up at the sky, I pulled my jacket up over my head and walked down towards the cabins, in search of some form of shelter.

I made my way down towards the centre of the cabins, hoping that I could maybe find some shelter, however I was greeted by the strangest of sights at 3:47am in the pouring rain; a girl dancing.

At least I was pretty sure that it was a girl dancing, considering the fact that it was pitch black and raining I made my fairest assumptions. Curiosity seemed to get the better of me as I slowly felt my feet carrying me towards her.

I was less that 3 metres away from her now and I could tell for certain it was a girl, dancing barefoot in the rain, her (h/l) hair flying around her face as she twirled and spun, seemingly laughing to herself, the sound was subtly sweet, overwhelming me with a strange warm feeling...

Suddenly she stopped, seemingly to finally notice my presence. She took a step towards me, and I took a step back.
"Nico?" She questioned, and instantly I knew it was (y/n) of the (g/p) cabin. I didn't know her like I knew other campers but we were fairly well acquainted. "Is that you?"
"What are you doing?" Was all I could bring myself to say, still profoundly curious.
"Dancing?" She answered, her sweet laughter evident in her tone. "Care to join?" She offered her hand, and in that moment, as the moonlight shone down, lighting up her face I could see her (e/c) eyes sparkling, her wet hair was plastered to the sides of her face and her pyjamas were soaked. Yet she didn't seem to care.

"Oh ummm, no thanks I don't dance..." I began to walk away but she grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards her as she continued to twirl and spin... All I did was watch her, she was just so... Mesmerising, especially that laugh...
"Come on Nico!" I was cut from my thoughts as she giggled and pulled me closer.
She wrapped her arms around my neck and tentatively I placed mine around her waist.
"There we go!" She stated as she began to dance again, slowly this time.

We danced like that in the rain for about a half hour until she finally broke off.
"Nico... I-I gotta go, but thanks for keeping me company... I-I had fun." Her (e/c) eyes almost seemed to glow in the moonlight and was it just me or was she blushing slightly?
"Y-yeah" was all I managed to stammer.

She turned to run back to her cabin, but then quickly turned back and, catching me off guard, placed a swift kiss against my wet cheek.
Stuck in a daze I watched her run off, and suddenly the rain came to a stop.

I was still drenched in water, and becoming increasingly cold, but I began to feel something...
Maybe it all didn't suck as much as I thought it did.