Chapter Two

I was smiling like an idiot when I walked outside the gymnasium, ignoring whoever I passed by. Finally, Harry noticed me. That smile was so priceless and it meant so much to me as if nothing could ruin my day.

“Hey, Nina Burns!” I heard someone spoke behind me. It was a high-pitched voice and it sounded familiar. “Stop there!” I turned and saw Stella Grace, one of the prettiest and meanest girls in school. She was living next to my house and was also in the cheerleading team. Every guy in school liked her as if their worlds go around her. And I agreed she was really pretty. She had a long, blonde hair that matches her perfectly round blue eyes. She even had a petite body that made the boys around the school to drool every time she walks down the hallway. 

Maybe, if she wasn’t mean to me, I’d love to be best friends with her. 

“Yes?” I asked her as I watched her walked towards me - her arms crossed over her chest. Remember when I said nothing could ruin my day? Ugh. Forget it ‘coz bad luck was just getting started. 

“I thought Luke was going to call me? I’ve been waiting for him for nights!” Stella snarled with her eyebrows raised. Luke was my cousin and ever since, Stella liked him so much. He was in Australia after his family moved back there and since then, Stella kept on nagging me about him like - when would he come back? When would he ask me out?! Ugh.

“Oh,” I said as I tried to think of a nice excuse. Actually, Luke called me last night and when I told him about Stella’s big crush on him, he just laughed and answered me that he wasn’t interested calling her and just tell her that he’s already in love with someone else.

Aw. Poor Stella! 

Poor SA boys! 

Poor Nina Burns! Agh. Oh gods of the world, please help me with this

And I didn’t even know how I would tell her? You know... she was a little daughter-of-a-bitch type of girl. 

“Actually,” I continued. “Luke’s a little bit busy right now. You know school stuff like that and everything.” 

Stella’s wore a disappointment expression.

“Sorry, Stella.” I told her with a sad smile. “Why don’t you just turn your attention to... to Jack Smith? I heard he has a BIG crush on you.” Jack Smith was the ‘Chris Evans’ of the school and he was a member of the Sigma Tau fraternity here in Sanford Academy. 

With a span of seconds I saw Stella’s face turned to disgust, easily enough for me to get myself ready and take an abrupt run before she slap me on my face. 

Fortunately, she didn’t. But instead, she rolled her eyes at me. “Like seriously?! Eeeew, Nina! I would never give any attention to that airheaded son-of-a-smelly-feet guy! He isn’t even my type!” 

The feeling is mutual, I imagined Luke telling me. Ha-ha-ha! 

“Oh,” I mumbled after seeing the hurt expression of Jack Smith who was only standing a few meters away from Stella’s back. 

Oh gods of Olympus, he’s gonna kill me!!

Maybe, this was already the right time for me to run. “Uhm, S-Stella... I think, I should... uhm, leave now? I’m already late with-“ 

“Wait!” Stella snapped, linking her arm with me and the smell of her perfume captured my nose. “I’ve got a nice idea!”

I looked at her with a blank expression and I saw her blue-eyes glimmered with excitement. “What if, I go to your house tonight then you will call Luke for me? Since, you are his cousin, he’ll definitely answer it. Just... just tell him that you miss him already and after that,” she grinned ear to ear, admiring her own idea, but seriously, it was so horrible! “You’ll give the phone to me so we can talk! What do you think, huh?!” 

Why can’t I just evaporate away from this world?! Stella Grace on my house tonight?! Uh-oh. This wasn’t even real! Oh for goodness sake! 

“Hey,” she shouldered me, bringing me back to my senses. “What can you say, huh?” 

It took me moments before I answered her, praying I wouldn’t regret that I’d been Luke’s cousin. “S-sure. W-why not?” I answered with a half-hearted smile. 

“Oh my gods, Nina! I knew it! I shouldn’t be mean to you. I think, you’re my new best friend now!” she air-kissed my cheeks. “I love you for that! OH MY GODS! You have no idea how much you made my day.”

“O-okay?” I faked smile. 

“See you tonight.” she smiled widely. “And oh, why don’t you eat with me and my girlfriends later? I’ll treat you, sissy.” 

Fuck! Sissy?! 

She gave me a pleading look as she waited for my answer. Oh gods! “S-sure. T-thanks.” I answered for the last time, before walking away from her. 

And right at that moment, I wanted to slap my face!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey lovelies, haha i'm sorry if this so short but I promise I'll update VERY SOOOOOON. :) Love you x