Loved You First (A Luke Hemmings Fan Fiction)

I - Smile For Me.

Students with their new ironed uniforms, shoes and hair styles started to fill the inside of the school gymnasium. I felt the excitement rushed throughout my body as I sat on my seat on the front row. Today was the first day of school in Sanford Academy, one of the well-known private schools in town. I was already on my junior year in high school and this was already a big accomplishment for me after all the bad luck that happened to me last school years. Grandma couldn’t afford the high tuition fee so I was a scholar and I had no reasons to quit.

But to tell you the truth, I only had one reason why I felt this kind of excitement. Not because I missed my airheaded and stupid classmates or my teachers but because of the only boy - the reason of my perseverance to come to school every day.

I watched him walked at the center of the stage as he held the microphone on his hand, flashing everyone a confident smile. He began to speak and everybody became silent, grabbing all of our attention. His melodic voice brought me to another world.

“... Always give your best shot and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. And lastly, always have the positive attitude in everything you do. Because these things could help us, as we step toward our dreams. I’m Harry and welcome to Sanford Academy.

Everybody inside the school gymnasium stood up and applauded after his welcoming speech. His smile never faded as he thanked the teachers and the principal who congratulated him. I watched him walked off the stage. He was Harry Styles, the top student of Sanford Academy.

Everybody in school knows him. Even the students from the other schools in town. He was always in the top section, and everyone’s favourite. And he was a girl’s only dream guy. He had the good British looks. Curly chocolate hair, striking green eyes, a panty-dropping dimpled-smile, and a height and a flawless skin like a supermodel.

I started to like him after he saved me from an incident back when we were in grade school. But I guess he couldn’t remember that anymore. And all of these years, I’ve never had the chance to talk to him. I only followed him secretly inside the school grounds, watching him from afar. He was a celebrity in the school. He even had his own fans club inside Sanford Academy. Funny I know. But no matter how much I liked him, there would be no way that I’m going to join that club.

I heard the two girls sitting beside me squealed. Maybe they were just freshmen.

“He’s so cute!”

“And he’s so darn hot!”

I just sat on my seat, watching the two girls drooled over Harry. You’ll get used to it. So better not to wear your panties anymore when you’re in school. I wanted to remind them and just the thought of it made me giggle. “Gosh! He’s walking at our direction!” the blonde-haired girl at my side cried. “I should smile at him!” said the red haired girl.

I looked at Harry’s direction and the two girls were right. Harry was going to walk in front of us and chill went up my spine, making my heart thumped crazily inside my chest. I felt myself froze right in the middle where I was seating as if the time stopped for a moment. For the first time I saw him... smiled at me. And that smile brought me back to a memory.

It was a Saturday afternoon. It was raining hard and I was already soaking wet. Tears were streaming down my face as I walked down the street. I was already freezing to death. I had nowhere to go. All I’ve wanted was to be away from my parents. I ran away from home after my grandmother told me the news that my mom and my dad were already going to separate. They wanted me to choose to whom I want to go with. I loved my parents so much and I never imagined that I would be going to choose between them, telling me that they’ve just realized that they were not really perfect for each other. And it broke me apart, tearing my insides into pieces.

I hate them so much for breaking my heart. I was just a seven year old kid who only wish in life was to have a perfect family and spend her life forever with them. But I was wrong. Those would only be an impossible dream for me... a wishful thinking.

I let my foot brought me somewhere, hoping that I could still find a place where I could find peace. I felt myself stopped running. I dried my tears as I looked around me. I was standing in front of a lake surrounded by trees, the color of the sunset reflected on its serene water. It was a paradise for me.

It took my breath away and I felt like I just found a friend who would listen to me. I sat under a tree as I hugged my knees on my chest, letting my tears flow down my face. The rain had stopped. The presence of the lake helped me pushed away my anger and frustrations.

“You alright?” I heard a boy spoke behind me.

I wiped my tears and looked at him. A boy with a chocolate hair stood behind me. He was wearing a white printed shirt tuck under his striped knee-length pants. I recognized him. We were in the same grade level and he belonged to the top section in school. He walked toward me and stood in front of me, handing me a blue handkerchief. “I saw you crying. Are you alright?”

I stared at him absent-mindedly. He had striking green eyes and his cheeks red. There was a worried look in his angelic face. “Who are you?” I asked him, looking up.

“I’m Harry. Harry Styles. Why are you crying? Are you alright?” he asked me curiously and he sat beside me.

I looked toward the lake, feeling the tears forming back my eyes. I know I only knew him for a minute but I felt like I could trust him so I started to tell him my story. He didn’t say he was sorry and I liked that. He just listened to me and moments after, I was shocked when he asked me if I wanted to play with him. “Maybe it could help you better.” he said and he was right. We played for hours and I felt happy and better.

Since then, I had never forgotten him, the boy who made me happy and put a smile on my face when I hated the world, making me feel alone.

The voice of the school principal saying it was already time to go back to our rooms brought me back to reality. I was expecting Harry was still standing in front of me as if he was the one who put back that memory inside my mind. But I saw that he was already in his seat.

I wondered why he smiled at me. Does it mean he remembers me?

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Note:

Hey lovies, if you like my story please vote, fan and comment. I'll dedicate the chapters to those fan who first to comment! :) 

P.S:

I'll upload the next chapter if I got 10 votes. :) Byee. I love you all! :) xx