Chapter 5.

"Em can you do me a favour and hold off all meetings and calls for the next couple of hours?" I asked once I had got back from my meeting with Jacob, the police, and another law firm.
"Sure, did everything go okay?"
"Yeah it went really well I just need to go through the bits we got today and it is going to take a couple of hours with how much we got"
"No problem, you had a delivery earlier when you was in the meeting it's in your office"
"I didn't order anything" Either way I went into my office to see what this mysterious parcel was and to get started on these files. On my desk sat the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I had ever laid my eyes upon they were a mix of orange and white roses, amaryllis and carnations they were all held in a clear vase that had a pale blue ribbon around it, next to it sat a cream teddy bear with a pair of glasses and a little ribbon around it's neck, I was wondering who had sent me these when I noticed the envelope in front of the flowers as I picked it up I began to worry, who on earth would send me these, my only friend is Emily, I don't have any ex boyfriends or current ones so who sent it, rather than wait I ripped the envelope open to find a note that said:
"Evie, I apologise for the way our lunch went I had an amazing time with you until your sister turned up I am sorry if that upsets you but I did not like the way she spoke to you, you deserve to be treated with respect from every person that is ever in your presence, I don't know how to make it up to you but I am hoping that you like the flowers and the teddy when I saw it I knew I had to get it for you, I hope that you will give me a chance to explain why I went back in once you had left, please give me another chance and let me explain everything.
Thinking of you.
Logan xxx
"
I went into shock once I had read the message, why would he want to explain? As far as I was concerned there was nothing to explain, yes he was gorgeous and seemed like my ideal guy but I know that nothing could ever become of me and him, he was out of my league. I decided that I was going to pay him a visit.

I stood outside his office while his secretary went in to make sure I could go in to talk to him.
"Mr. King said you can go in, I'm sorry for the way I acted it's just a lot of girls have come up saying they need to talk to him so Mr. King asked me to turn them all away, my name is Sadie"
"It's okay, I understand, my names Evie, is it okay if I go in?"
"Yeah sure"
"Thanks" I gave her a small smile.
"Hi Evie I'm glad you came to see me take a seat"
"Thanks Mr. King" I decided that I was going to keep this completely formal, there was no reason for me to call him Logan as I needed to keep as much distance between us as possible, I needed to treat him as though he was just another colleague then maybe I could distarct myself from how I feel about him.
"Evie please call me Logan, I don't like you being formal with me" his eyes were filled with hurt.
"I apologise but it is best that we are formal with one another, you are my future boss after all" I tried to ignore the pain in my chest from seeing him hurt and knowing I was the one who caused it made it ten times worse.
"Evie don't be like that please, what happened when we went out to lunch I can explain if you will give me the chance to, there are things that I want you to know"
"I don't think there is anything to explain but if you want to then go ahead"
"Okay well I wasn't refering to you as a dog when I said well they must have made an exception I was refering to your sister, and the reason I went back inside was so I could talk to her to tell her that she was out of line and that you are more of the woman she could ever be and I told her that if she didn't treat you with respect then I would make sure that no man with money would go near her again, I understand that you think I went in to finish eating lunch with her but I didn't I said my piece to her then I came back to the office to talk to you but you were already gone"
"Why did you stick up for me?" I didn't understand why he would stick up for me, the only person who had ever done that for me was Emily and that was because she was my best friend from when we were children. It would be horrible if he was to friend zone me, the first guy I have ever liked and he would only like me as a friend.
"Because I care about you, you are different to everyone else, you walk around with an aura of pride and confidence but you don't allow it to get to your head, you are beautiful, sweet, caring and funny. I have never met anyone like you before, I know we haven't known eachother long but you are something else and I hope that you can accept my explanation and apology for making you feel that way and will go out to dinner with me tonight?" You could see the hope sparkle in his eyes.
"I accept your apology and your explanation but I don't understand why me, but one thing I will go out to dinner with you but know one thing I do not take well to being used"
"I promise you that I am not using you, can I pick you up at half 6?"
"Okay, I need to get back to work, thank you for the flowers by the way and the teddy"
"No problem, I'll see you tonight"
As soon as she walked out the door Logan couldn't help but grin, he knows he didn't tell her exactly how he felt about her but he didn't want to scare her off, she was amazing, she was the sort of girl he could see himself spending the rest of his life with, he knows it was a bit soon to be thinking things like that but she was perfect in every single way, he just hoped nothing would mess it up.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone here is the next chapter, hope you like it. xx