Chapter Seven

Play beautiful music while reading...

Unknown Pov

Look at him..

He's so precious.

Sneaking my old ass into his baby room, I smile. He's just so beautiful. Sighing, I pick him up quickly and walk out the house with him.

Driving him towards the facility, I sigh.

Before walking in, I stare down at him to find him staring back.

"I'm sorry Granny has to do this to you, but this is just a test... True strength and survival skills. Oh, you understand me. Here.. I'm giving you my wedding ring. You're gonna need it. When you find that girl, keep her. Promise me you'll keep her."

Fighting the urge to cry, I place him on the step after placing a note on him. Placing my ring in his blanket, I smile.

Shaking my head, I mumble to myself.

"I just don't understand it. "

Author Pov

As the elderly woman begins to drive away, her heart goes out to the young boy..

Saying his name over and over in her mind as her heart burns.

Not emotionally, but physically.

She's having a heart attack. As she grips her chest in pain, the car slowly pulls to the side under the street light.

The woman didn't even make it completely down the street from the facility before she took her last breath.

Christopher.

She cannot breathe any longer. She can't apologize any longer. She never lived long enough to beg for her grandson's forgiveness.

Katelyn Joseah Brown

Died at the age of 83.

83 years young..

Rest in peace Katelyn J. Brown.

Published

December 27th, 2016