Chapter 23

Wishes Do Come True

Chapter 23 ~

"I'm fine. Two weeks have passed so I'm all good." Cade told Gabby as he started walking downstairs.

Two weeks have passed since the incident that happened between Drew and Cade.

"Are you sure? I don't wa-" Gabby began to say before she got cut off by Cade.

"I'm one hundred percent okay. Don't worry. Besides, I don't want to miss out on your performance today, ya know." Cade smirked.

"Okay, okay. Just let me know if you don't feel well." Gabby said as she headed back up stairs to change.

Cade felt like he had to tell her now. But, if he did. Their friendship would collapse and he, never in a million years, would want that to happen.

How much he cared and loved her. He was just so stupid to not realize that before. When he had the chance to be with her.

After all these years Gabby has always been there for him, supporting him, and is probably the most caring person he has ever met.

There was only about an hour left before the competition. Gabby was so nervous and uneasy that she couldn't stop thinking about who this special guest could be. What if that person had high expectations ? What if that person didn't like her? What if Gabby quit last minute?

The list of things were replaying in her mind making her get even more nervous.

Gabby was heading over to her room and when she arrived. She closed the door behind her and went directly to her closet to pick her clothes for today.

She ended up getting a pair of skinny jeans and simple red shirt. She was never a fan of shorts, skirts, or even dresses. You could say that she despised being girly.

Gabby still felt so bad about saying no to Tom two weeks ago, and she hasn't seen him since. That made her even more disappointed in herself. Of course she wanted to go hang out with him. But she knew that she couldn't miss out on this competition.

All these things were going through her mind as she finally started taking her shirt off. As she did that, she suddenly heard someone's voice, "H-Hey."

"Drew! What are you doing in here?! You could've said something when I came in. I didn't even know you were in here." Gabby said as she just stood there with her bra and jeans on.

"I-I had to get something that I left in here. But I guess it's not here, since I couldn't find it." Drew replied as he started approaching her.

"Well, could you leave and search for it later? Because I'm pretty much changing right now." Gabby said, not noticing how nervous Drew was right now.

"Do you still want to know why Cade and I fought the other day." Drew said as their noses were just a few inches away.

"Wh-" Drew cut her off with a passionate kiss.

Gabby's mind was in a state of shock while Drew's large hand trails down the curve of her back.

Gabby knew this was wrong, she didn't love Drew anymore. But why was she standing there kissing him back?

Gabby's heart lept from her chest as she hears the door open, reality suddenly hitting her, as they both look and see who it is.

"Gabb-AHH. I'm sorry guys, I came in at the wrong time." Jasmin said as she quickly closed the door and left.

Drew quickly turned back to give his attention on Gabby and was thinking about the right thing to say, "I love you Gabby. That's the reason why Cade and me fought the other day."