Chapter 2

HEY GUYS! Welcome back :) Btw, picture on the right is how I imagine Jamie, but remember, you can use your imagination :D

**********************************************************************************************

It was safe to say my family was a mess. After they took thousands of pictures of me with the horrid cap and gown on, we finally went out to a late lunch, and let me tell you, that was enough to make me want to hide for a life time. My mother, who was happily married, was constantly hitting on our waiter. The worst part was, he went to my school last year.

            If that wasn’t enough, my dad was constantly complaining about how rare his steak was, but each time our waiter offered to replace it free of charge, he’d decline.

            I sometimes wondered why I loved them.

            Now, it was eight thirty, two of my relatives were passed out on the floor drunk, my mom was dancing on my dad, and may I say it was quite disgusting, and my “uncle”, aka my dad’s best friend, kept hitting on me. It was quite disturbing that they all still acted like teenagers. I had to keep reminding myself not to judge since I was going to get shitfaced within the next five hours.

            “Jamie,” Jeff, the creepy “uncle” hitting on me, said. “Did you hear what I just said?”

            Discreetly rolling my eyes, I turned back towards Jeff and plastered an extremely fake smile on my face. You’d think the fact that I’ve been facing the other way the whole time we’ve been having our conversation that he’d take a hint. Apparently not. “What?”

            His hand slightly pulled on my arm, causing my hand to land on the table we were sitting around. Quickly, he grasped it. “You look absolutely ravishing.” Jeff complimented, his hungry eyes a disgusting shade of grey/brown.

            “Oh.” How do you reply to that? He was a middle aged man for crying out loud! Lightly, I pulled my hand away. I had to think of an excuse quick before Jeff tried to take advantage of me. “I have to go pee.” Before he could protest, I power walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind, my knees immediately giving out. Let me tell you, being hit on by a pedophile all night sure did drain your energy.

            Wiping a hand across my sweaty forehead, I pulled my phone out of the pocket of my jeans. 8:49, pretty soon this whole party was going to head out. Thankfully, I stood back up and checked my reflection, I still looked decent. I took the jacket I tied around my waist and quickly pulled it on, instantly covering my loose tank top. I didn’t want Jeff to check me out more than he already was.

            With a final sigh, I walked back into the family room, preparing for the worst. Jeff was no where to be seen, thank goodness. I didn’t think I could handle any more of that creeper.

            My eyes searched my uncle’s small apartment, finally landing on my mother and father. They were snuggling up to each other on the couch, probably tired from all the nasty dancing they had been doing. I had to admit it, they looked adorable.

            “Mom?” I asked, gently pulling on her ankle to get her attention. Her head snapped to me, her eyes slightly unfocused. She was obviously tipsy.

            “Yes dear?” Her voice slurred, patting my father on the chest so he’d let her sit up, he didn’t get the memo though so she decided on just roughly pushing off him. He proceeded to fall of the couch, not even trying to stop himself. Seriously, who got drunk by nine pm? I hope I wouldn’t be like this whenever I was their age…