Chapter 3

My music played around the arena as it was my turn to go out. I held the women’s championship high above my head as I stood at the top of the ramp and was met with a chorus of cheers. I had been the one to be favorited in the match. It seems that everyone was sick of Charlotte now. I made my way to the ring with a microphone in hand, wiping my feet on the apron before stepping in.

Once the crowd died down some I raised the microphone to my lips. “I wasn’t able to come out last week and gloat about my win. I had an emergency that had to be taken care of immediately, but I’m here now and all I can say is I wouldn’t have been able to win this championship without each and every one of you. All of your support is what pushed me to make sure I threw Charlotte off her throne. And now that I have-“ I was abruptly cut off by Charlotte’s music playing.

I rolled my eyes and leaned forward on the ropes knowing that Charlotte was going to give this big talk about how there was a reason she lost, blah, blah, blah. Charlotte was welcomed by a chorus of boos which made me smirk.

“Now, now, Kelsey. Don’t go getting ahead of yourself now. You see, you didn’t win by talent or by luck,” Charlotte said as she made her way down to the ring. She stopped just outside of the ring as the crowd booed. She looked up at me and smirked. “No, you see, I let you win. I let you win knowing full well that I will get a rematch and be able to reclaim what is rightfully mine.”

I couldn’t hide the puzzlement on my face. I knew she didn’t “let” me win. I beat the hell out of her, there was no way she would just let anyone do that to her. I knew her too well, but this angle wasn’t something I had known about. But creative was always quick to change directions without much notice. I motioned for her to continue.

Charlotte smirked as she spoke and I wanted so bad to wipe from her face and shove it down her throat. “Do you want to know why I let you win? Because I felt bad for you and I didn’t feel bad for you just because of your obvious lack of talent. No. There was one reason why I felt bad for you,” Charlotte said as she lowered the microphone from her lips and glanced over shoulder.

I began to feel nervous. What the hell was she talking about? Did she have a video of what happened that night? I felt like I was going to be sick when suddenly a familiar song began to play around the arena. My palms became sweaty as I looked at him, his shoulder length dark hair was wet and he had his ring gear on.

“You’re probably wondering why I brought out Seth Rollins,” Charlotte said to the crowd as Seth made his way down to stand next to her. I could feel myself subconsciously backing away while Charlotte and Seth slowly made their way towards the ring. “You see, pretty little miss Kelsey thought that Seth loved her. That he wanted to be with her, but he didn’t want her. No. A man like Seth would never want a pathetic scum like you, Kelsey. Ain’t that why you weren’t here last week, Kelsey? Come on, tell the whole deserving world the truth.”

I could feel myself hyperventilating as the two stepped into the ring. I felt my back it the ropes on the other side of the ring and I could tell I looked like an idiot right now but all I wanted was to run away. I wanted to hide. This couldn’t be happening right now. Why me? And where the hell was Dean! He promised me he wouldn’t let Seth near me.

“Now, Hold on a minute, Charlotte,” Seth said. “I didn’t come out here to help you break Kelsey down to get the title back. I’m out here for one reason and one reason only.”

Seth stepped closer to me. His eyes were void of emotions and all I could hear was the beating of my heart in my ears. It was deafening and I scrambled to find an escape. As if I was in slow motion, I looked at where I was and slowly tried to make my way out of the ring as Seth got closer. I turned back to look at him as he was suddenly hit from behind and fell to the mat. I could see Charlotte quickly scrambling to get out of the ring as Seth went to stand up again only to get hit again and fall once more. This time my savior wouldn’t let him up. He hit Seth multiple times with his weapon until Seth was close enough to the apron and was quickly pulled out by Charlotte.

My savior stood on the other side of the ring with a nearly broken kendo stick in hand, yelling at the two to come back to the ring. I felt a wave of relief rush through me as he turned around and quickly rushed to my side. “I’m going to beat the crap out of him, Kelsey. I promised I wouldn’t let him get near you and-“ I quickly cut Dean off and broke kayfabe.

I placed a hand on both of his cheeks and placed a swift hard kiss on his lips. I was so happy he was there that I had forgotten where we were until a camera man signaled for commercial break. I blushed as we pulled apart and Dean just smirked down at me. He helped me out of the ring and towards the backstage.

“way to break it to the fans,” Dean whispered as we walked through the curtain.

I shrugged as my blush got a deeper red. “they will probably just think it’s part of the storyline anyways,” I said as a we made our way to his locker room.

Dean chuckled and pulled me closer to his side. As long as he was here with me, I knew I’d be ok and I vowed from now on, I wouldn’t stray too far until I could get over my fear of what had happened and the embarrassment I felt towards the situation with Seth. Dean was my savior in more ways than one and he didn’t even realize how much he had saved me over our years of friendship but as he placed a kiss on the top of my head, I knew I would fill him in on it some day but for now, I was perfectly content with just being by his side…

***I'm so sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out. I've had so many ideas for new books running through me that my phone probably hates me right now! I'm going to try to get another chapter up this week and am really wanting to write another Seth book as well as a Cesaro one. Any thoughts on a new book?***